Giant Squid Feeds Family Of Kings

Dano1

Hey all,

Bellow is a photo of a squid i pulled from sydney harbour on thursday, This squid managed to land us 6 kings on our boat, wich we kept 1 at 65cm and released the rest. and i gave a chunk of the squid to a fellow fisho who was fishing next to us and was not having any luck with there live yakkas, they then managed 3 solid hook ups and 1 king landed, which we then found out was his first king. which made our day. :biggrin2::thumbup:

I know what its like to be surrounded by boats getting hook ups and your getting nothing cause u don't have squid. Hopefully some good fishing karma will come from this.

The squid measured 65cm in total length gave us bait all day and still had about a killo for the table

Dan.post-3412-1171703441_thumb.jpg

I will put photo of king on diff post as i haven't mastered the resizing. Thanks for all your help though.

mate thats a massive squid well done on it and the kings.. did you get it on a squig jig or baited jig???

and not many people give squid to the people next to them so good karma should be coming your way and hopefully that monster hoodlum will come your way!!

cheers pk

Edited by pk-fishn

mate thats a massive squid well done on it and the kings.. did you get it on a squig jig or baited jig???

and not many people give squid to the people next to them so good karma should be coming your way and hopefully that monster hoodlum will come your way!!

cheers pk

Hey mate,

Live yakka!!! I think they are the key to big squid! as most of the big squid i catch have been on yakkas or coaxed up with a yakka, then through a jig at them if there not hooked up.

Dan.

Nice squid.

I target squid that size regularly at #$@* reef. They are in fact my favourite food item from the sea, thoughI keep the heads for bait. Normally when I am fishing for reddies I will put a jig over the side and just let the boat do the work for me. I often laugh at the squidding advice that says not to use jigs bigger than 1.5. The jigs I use are huge by comparison (6 inches). Big fellas like that won't look at the small jigs.

Incidently, is it just me or does everyone else experience a slight stinging/ irritation from handling big squid like that. I feel it quite a bit expecially in the cuts on my hands.

davo