28 - 29 Cm Pinkies At Terrigal

livo

We made The Haven ramp at 7.00am with plenty of time to get settled for the High Tide. Headed north to 50m depth straight in front of The Entrance Bridge and burleyed hard with Chook pellets, Tuna Oil, Smashed Pillies and chopped Baby Occy and Squid. We had our first fish in the boat within 5 minutes. A pinky of about 25 cm. Not bad we thought and then the next one was bigger at about 28 cm. Then 3 in a row that made 30 cm if you pulled the tail fins together but that's cheating. We released them thinking there would be better to come. The next hour saw us catch well over a dozen more between the two of us but all between 25 and 29 cm.

We gave up with them still coming over the side. At the old legal size of 28 cm we'd have kept about 8 or 10. They were fat healthy fish and I could see Pan Fried Snapper Tails in Creamy Red Capsicum Sauce in every one but they swam away.

Tried 5 other spots in 35m, 40m, 60m, 30m and another 50m for no other quality. Got monstered by Jackets in second 50m spot and scored Sargent Baker and Rock Cod (amongst other trash) in 30m.

8 hours for not 1 keeper but used plenty of bait and fuel. Surface fish were not interested in lures at all.

Beaut day out though.

I'm thinking mate the best thing is ya had a bit of fun and they give a bit of a fight enough to get ya into the fishing experience more. Best to be fishing and have something come out then nothing at all :)

Better luck nxt time tho :1fishing1::beersmile:

G'day Livo,

As you know I fish Terrigal a lot for snapper. Unfortunately at the moment all up and down the coast is pretty much the same story. I'm tipping early next month when the currents (hopefully warm) start running we'll see some good fish. We'll keep the reports coming and hopefully good news soon.

Cheers Jeff

G'day Livo,

As you know I fish Terrigal a lot for snapper. Unfortunately at the moment all up and down the coast is pretty much the same story. I'm tipping early next month when the currents (hopefully warm) start running we'll see some good fish. We'll keep the reports coming and hopefully good news soon.

Cheers Jeff

Hi Jeff

Yep, your right. But we've nearly always managed a feed. At least a couple of Morwong or a bag of Blertas, the odd flattie but not this time.

The promising thing is that the little reds were there in numbers, very fat on burley and quite willing to take baits. We can only hope that the larger specimens are as cooperative when they show up.

Livo

Livo: Disappointing but thats fishing. Some boats got zilch yet others cleaned up by 11am. Whiteo has just called around to grab a few kg of fillets. Ill pass on some GPS marks next time Whitoe says hes heading out.

That will be great. We didn't see much being cleaned at the ramp at about 3.00pm. One poor sorry guy was cleaning a bucket of sweep. A couple of fellas we spoke to went north to start and moved around for nothing until finally getting a couple of keeper reds at T Wide. Missed seeing what a charter cleaned just before we returned to shore but the big esky wasn't heavy as one guy was carrying it on his own.

They'll be back.

Livo: U Cant go by the ramp for fish, many locals never clean fish at the Terrigal ramp due to the traffic, tourists asking to many questions and no water. Simply drive the boat trailer out of the water and then drive to the other side of the haven to throw the strap on etc and get out of the madhouse. I prefer to clean the fish at the lake down the road in the shade with a beer in the hand & not a tourist in site.

p.s. if you havent yet worked it out yet, whiteo = Wayne your fishing partner. He can fill you in on the details of what was firing on sunday and even tell you how they tasted.

cheers

That will be great. We didn't see much being cleaned at the ramp at about 3.00pm. One poor sorry guy was cleaning a bucket of sweep. A couple of fellas we spoke to went north to start and moved around for nothing until finally getting a couple of keeper reds at T Wide. Missed seeing what a charter cleaned just before we returned to shore but the big esky wasn't heavy as one guy was carrying it on his own.

They'll be back.

Edited by crazedfisherdude

p.s. if you havent yet worked it out yet, whiteo = Wayne your fishing partner. He can fill you in on the details of what was firing on sunday and even tell you how they tasted.

OK. Did you feed him?