Big Blue 18/02/2007

outwide

Gents,

Fished the shelf and beyond today 4-3-1!

Started the troll 8nm out of Botany going round acouple of FADS and over the Shelf in search of Pelagic action!!!!!!

Got the first strike just North of the Mountain, which was a short 30 second run before hooks spat (I think a small YFT)

So from the mountain we worked North West........just about a mile or so before the shelf we have a lovley Striped come up and take the Short corner, again a 30 second run and dropped, continued to work the area and within 15 minutes we had a Big Blue on the long corner and a Striped on the Short Rigger (PANDEMONIUM)

The striped was a short lived 80-100mtr run the dropped but the Big Blue Stuck!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was on the bugger for 1:55minutes, the fish came to the boat in a unrevivable state. So we chose to take him in to the weigh station!!!!!!!!

Topped out at 157kgs on 24kg test, my largest Marlin to date but i would of liked to see him swim free.........God they got alot of heart!!!!!!!!!!

I must thank Dannny a Waffy for another awesome day on the 35

"LE PASHA"

Regards,

Steve (Outwide)

BigBlue157kgOnCavitatorSteve2.jpg

BigBlue157kgOnCavitatorSteve3.jpg

That is tops Steve. Congrats on your biggest Marlin to date, and on 24kg to boot! Well done. Shame it could not swim away as i know you dont like to keep any, but Blues especially.

K.

What an awesome fish - well done !!! :thumbup:

You got any different photos of it?

That's going to keep you in fish fingers for a while, as well as fish steaks, cutlets, pies, stews, casseroles, fishcakes, etc

You had better have a few friends to feed, otherwise your going to get sick of beakie real quick !!! :074:

Cheers

Greg

Man - look at the profile on that fish!

They're like a missile or something, no wonder they go so hard.

Good capture Steve, and well done on the PB. As Starlo said recently, there's no difference between killing a marlin or a mullet. Until someone lists marlin as endangered then there's no reason to feel bad taking one for the table.

Guys,

Thanks for all the positive thoughts!!!!!!!!!! I really would of loved to release her but it was not to be!!!!!!!!!She was just to beat!!!!!!!!!!! Although i cant say i was to far off!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Steve (Outwide)

BigBlueDanny.jpg

Danny with the BLUE

Guys,

Thanks for all the positive thoughts!!!!!!!!!! I really would of loved to release her but it was not to be!!!!!!!!!She was just to beat!!!!!!!!!!! Although i cant say i was to far off!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Steve (Outwide)

BigBlueDanny.jpg

Danny with the BLUE

Look at the gerth on that thing well done again mate, that is a fish of a lifetime.