Dollies

Luringbream

Hi Mate be patient I have been fishing these creatures for the past 20 years and this is just about the right time they arrive so get out there and get them Last year they came unusually early but it does not always happen. The rule is warm currents= dollies, the warm currents this year came pretty much spot on this year so they should be about

cheers

Guest Big-Banana

CFD and i hit both fads on the weekend for no love at all...

What temps were you getting? On Saturday, I got 21.7 and it was absolutely dead!

Last year they weren't here till March, so I'm still hopeful.

What temps were you getting? On Saturday, I got 21.7 and it was absolutely dead!

Last year they weren't here till March, so I'm still hopeful.

Hey Anthony,

seasurface.com.au is showing that the Broken Bay fad is sitting in colder water, for some reason most of this season all the warmer water has been south of Broken Bay.

I have been keeping an eye on the NSW coast for dollie reports and all indications say they should be here within 10-14 days

Just follow the reports down the coast and you can calculate a timeline

Edited by netic

Guest Big-Banana

Iam going to head out of Botany Bay in the future, 22km is just a long way for no return. If we are down Botany Bay way its not that much further to Browns anyways.

Oz, I think they will get here in the middle of March, the first batch should have a lot of size to them. :biggrin2:

They're not even at the Port Stephens Fad if thats saying something, water temp up there was 21.7deg. A few on the shelf but thats about it.

Guest Big-Banana

Just got a report from Terrigal Fad, my mate ended up catching 40 fish in a few hours. Looks like I was so close to getting onto a few :thumbdown:

They're not even at the Port Stephens Fad if thats saying something, water temp up there was 21.7deg. A few on the shelf but thats about it.

Caught this one at the Port Stephens Fad last Wednesday

post-2440-1171881536_thumb.jpg

Edited by AO7474

Nice fish, where are the rest? I fished from Wednesday to sunday with about 20 other boats fishing the PFT and none were caught off the fad. They just not in numbers like previous years due to the current not holding. If they were there in numbers you should have pulled at least another one off the fad the same size. Still a nice fish. Iain(SeaJay) got some off Sydney a month ago the same size and bigger but not much has been caught since.