The Shelf

fishingmik

The Shelf straight out from Sydney is about 20Nm. Browns is 23Nm, the shelf is before Browns. Out of Botany the shelf is about 16Nm. I dont really understand the question you are asking but hope that helps.

The Shelf straight out from Sydney is about 20Nm. Browns is 23Nm, the shelf is before Browns. Out of Botany the shelf is about 16Nm. I dont really understand the question you are asking but hope that helps.

reely mate what i would like to no is how far out is the shelf either from sydney or kiama and where does it start is it where the water drops from 200mtrs

the sounder that i have got goes bonkers after that depth of 200mtrs and i presume thats where the shelf is because it cant read the depth (may be to deep for my sounder to read ) does this make any sense to you

cheers mik

well i reckon i just told you! in previous post! thats the exact distance, if your sounder cant read it, then obviously you wouldnot know anyway, because before the shelf it goes to over 200m.... anyway, so you prolly wouldnt know anyway. Read above post, travel that far from the heads and you'll be there, you will see the water gets a bit messier out there but just slightly! Geez! I was just trying to help!

Edited by Reely

well i reckon i just told you! in previous post! thats the exact distance, if your sounder cant read it, then obviously you wouldnot know anyway, because before the shelf it goes to over 200m.... anyway, so you prolly wouldnt know anyway. Read above post, travel that far from the heads and you'll be there, you will see the water gets a bit messier out there but just slightly! Geez! I was just trying to help!

i no you told me the distance and i thank you for that the other question i was asking was how deep it was at the shelf ( i no my sounder cant read that i just wanted to no ) thank you

mik

Fishingmik

how you doin??

I had a sniff around and found a web site that might help you?

punch in www.environment.gov.au

adz

mate pretty good are you up for a fish this weekend

i wll have a look at that site

penguin

thanks for that mate

cheers mik

Edited by fishingmik