Husskisson - Jervis Bay

arpie

Hi guys

Heading down south to the Husskisson Half Ironman this weekend - we'll be staying at the Beach Caravan Park there.

Anyone got any tips for a land lubber? Never fished there before. I hope to pull a few worms & have a go on the beach & will take some sps & metal lures as well.

Cheerio

Roberta

hi roberta, i was down in huski over xmas.

puffer fish heaven :074: the little :ranting2: were in there millions, even off the beach. only decent fish we had was some nice tarwhine from the breakwall on the ocean side of the main wharf in the heart of town. i did go snorkeling off chinamans beach and saw some big whiting and bream but they wouldnt touch our baits.

i do hear its one of the best spots for squid though but fish or not the place is stunning, im in love :biggrin2:

Hi guys

Thanks for that - looks like Chinamans & Cave beaches may (unfortunately) be too far for me to walk to from Huskisson! Having a campervan, once we are set up, we tend to stay put - especially if the weather is grotty! (Like last weekend at South West Rocks!)

We will be staying close to Huskisson Beach - not too far from Moona Moona Creek (it would appear from google earth) so looks like the beach there & maybe the lagoon/creek will be my main options.

Cheers

Roberta

Hi guys

Thanks for that - looks like Chinamans & Cave beaches may (unfortunately) be too far for me to walk to from Huskisson! Having a campervan, once we are set up, we tend to stay put - especially if the weather is grotty! (Like last weekend at South West Rocks!)

We will be staying close to Huskisson Beach - not too far from Moona Moona Creek (it would appear from google earth) so looks like the beach there & maybe the lagoon/creek will be my main options.

Cheers

Roberta

Hi Roberta,

I fish the beaches of Vincentia quite regularly when im down the coast. Try fishing Collingwood beach with some soft plastics i could almost guarantee you a feed of flathead. You need to walk the beach and cast plastics along the way. I have caught some great fish over the years. Go and visit Dave at the tackle store and he will be more than willing to help. Enjoy the fishing.

Cheers Jim

...Try fishing Collingwood beach with some soft plastics i could almost guarantee you a feed of flathead....

Hi Jim

Thanks for that - will give it a go, also the creek on the other side for flatties or even blackies, maybe??

Cheers

Roberta