Things Your Phone Can Do

Sharky

I found this on a forum in the states. Im not at home yet but the replys in the thread varified all of them.

Give it a go.(Not the emergency one however :1prop: )

THINGS YOU NEVER KNEW YOUR CELL PHONE COULD DO.

There are a few things that can be done in times of grave emergencies. Your mobile phone can actually be a life saver or an emergency tool for survival.

Check out the things that you can do with it:

FIRST

Subject: Emergency

The Emergency Number worldwide for Mobile is 112. If you find yourself out of the coverage area of your mobile; network and there is an emergency, dial 112 and the mobile will search any existing network to establish the emergency number for you, and interestingly this number 112 can be dialed even if the keypad is locked. Try it out.

SECOND

Subject: Have you locked your keys in the car?

Does your car have remote keyless entry? This may come in handy someday. Good reason to own a cell phone: If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call someone at home on their cell phone from your cell phone. Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the person at your home press the unlock button, holding it near the mobile phone on their end. Your car will unlock. Saves someone from having to drive your keys to you. Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of miles away, and if you can reach someone who has the other "remote" for your car, you can unlock the doors (or the trunk).

Editor's Note: It works fine! We tried it out and it unlocked our car over a cell phone!"

THIRD

Subject: Hidden Battery Power

Imagine your cell battery is very low. To activate, press the keys *3370# Your cell will restart with this reserve and the instrument will show a 50% increase in battery. This reserve will get charged when you charge your cell next time. (I have entered the access # in cell phone directory.)

FOURTH

How to disable a STOLEN mobile phone?

To check your Mobile phone's serial number, key in the following digits on your phone: * # 0 6 # A 15 digit code will appear on the screen. This number is unique to your handset. Write it down and keep it somewhere safe. When your phone get stolen, you can phone your service provider and give them this code. They will then be able to block your handset so even if the thief changes the SIM card, your phone will be totally useless. You probably won't get your phone back, but at least you know that whoever stole it can't resell it either. If everybody does this, there would be no point in people stealing mobile phones.

That extra battery one is a corker.

I didn't know the phone had a battery reserve.

I have put that number in my contact list for emergencies.

How many time have you been somewhere and had a low battery and worry that you won't have

enough power to make a call.

Thanks for those great tips.

Cheers,

Pete.

They are great tips, thanks!

Im a little worried about using the reserve battery though, it must be there for a reason? does it maybe work like a CMOS battery in a PC and provide just enough power there to make sure your system settings dont get wiped?? Or maybe these types of batteries arent meant to drained below this point? I just find it weird that the manufacturers would sell themselves short on battery power, thats a massive selling point with mobile phones.

I just tried it on my RX8 and it worked, but it didnt work on my bosses Senator

Wow, no kidding?!! i wouldnt have thought that it would work - Amazing!

Wonder what this would mean thou for car thieves :(

I might have to try it out tonight on my beloved C'rolla

The battery one is choice! They always seem to go dead at the most inconvenient times :mad3: