Not Happy! Happy Now!

Dano1

I went out for an early fish on saturday which turned up 1 squid for 1 king.. :biggrin2:

Any how returned to tunks park where i had launched only to find a parking ticket for $110 for fail to comply with notice in public place. :mad3:

For anyone who is familiar with tunks there is 2 sides to park car + trailer, 1 is completly bitumen the other is half grass half bitumen, I was parked on the half grass side with my ute on the grass side, The only reason i parked front in was because the other car + trailer in next spot was on a weird angle and i did'nt want to take up any more room then i needed. As parking is at a premium sometimes!

There are no signs that say it is rear in only!! the only sign i could find was "cars with trailers only"

Has anyone else been booked here before?

Just a warning reverse park only!!

Cheers Dan.

post-3412-1172383711_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dano1

ive been booked there , i saw the parking guy there and asked him why he put a ticket on my car, he said cant park the trailers on the grass as the reason why he fined me i argued with him but it was no help.

i spoke to a solicitor about it , the argument we came up with was when we parked the car it was dark, and the sign has no lights, so you cannot see it, also the sign is a dark background with light writing which makes it hard to read, it should be a light background and dark wriiting. the signs are located when you drive in from both entrances and are hard to spot.

in the end it was going to cost me more money to fight the ticket than what the fine was, as you have to go to court so i gave in and payed the fine

it sucks , so if there is no parking i park up the street on the hill

hope this helps

cheers

craig

ive been booked there , i saw the parking guy there and asked him why he put a ticket on my car, he said cant park the trailers on the grass as the reason why he fined me i argued with him but it was no help.

i spoke to a solicitor about it , the argument we came up with was when we parked the car it was dark, and the sign has no lights, so you cannot see it, also the sign is a dark background with light writing which makes it hard to read, it should be a light background and dark wriiting. the signs are located when you drive in from both entrances and are hard to spot.

in the end it was going to cost me more money to fight the ticket than what the fine was, as you have to go to court so i gave in and payed the fine

it sucks , so if there is no parking i park up the street on the hill

hope this helps

cheers

craig

I understand what your saying,

But where i had my ute was a designated area for car and trailer parking, on the left after you drive up the ramp, and there is no sign saying that the trailer needs to go in first.

will go down and check out the signs maybe take a few more photos.

Thanks for your help Craig.

In my experience its always worth sending a well worded letter before paying a fine in such matters. Most of the ones i have been involved in drafting have been successful.

In constructing your arguement, look very closely at the wording of the ticket and the offence and respond accordingly.

Edited by Dezmo

• 2 months later...

Hey all,

Eventualy got a letter back from state debt recovery office abot this fine :1wallbash: .

Reading: due to the circumstances we have decided to cancel this penalty notice!. :1clap::thumbup::icon_peace:

It goes to show its worth writing in about a fine!! :pokey: even if it does take 3 months!

Dan.

Hey all,

Eventualy got a letter back from state debt recovery office abot this fine :1wallbash: .

Reading: due to the circumstances we have decided to cancel this penalty notice!. :1clap::thumbup::icon_peace:

It goes to show its worth writing in about a fine!! :pokey: even if it does take 3 months!

Dan.

Well done Dano!!! Your persistance is unbelievable :biggrin2:

Ive had the same deal, different circumstances with a blow off letter in respondence to mine, basically saying dont have the time/resources to investigate, further correspondence will be ignored, an penalty enforced :angry2:

Good to hear it went well for you

Dan

D & G

onya Dano !

STICK IT TO THE MAN!

:1prop:

Good to see a winner

I've been done at the Rocks a fair while ago and after several letters they finally explained that the "default if not signposted" is always rear to the curb. We all read that one when we did our drivers lic test 40 years ago didn't we!!!??? It was in the center median strip car park so only when solicitor ,in writing, argued where the "curb" and photos of signs and all other cars parked wrong way round was saying it wasn't clear did I get off. After many many months and more cost to me tripple the fine then they replaced signs saying "rear to curb" and "front to curb" at different parts of the same street. Now you have to read signs very carefully as to discover what section your in. With theatre down there and all night shows it is a goldmine I reckon. I park elsewhere and walk as it just irks me every time I go there now.

A couple of other boatramp carparks have notices about trailers only on the grass area on those small entry signs as well but not on the damm parking signs.

Pelican

Congrats on getting a win in this case Dano1, :thumbup:

I wonder though how many others just pay the fine,

and I bet that parking Ninja is still issueing that very

same penalty to others there.

penguin

Edited by penguin