Snapper Vs Kings

PPSGT

Hi Fishraiders,

Just for a bit of fun - was wondering which fish you'd rather catch?

A 30lb snapper or a 30lb king?

And which would you rather eat?

I've caught big snapper in shallow ( 30 feet ) and deep water (150 feet+ )

and hooked/caught small kings in shallow water and hooked by never landed really big kings

over pinnacles in deep water.

Personally i prefer the fight of a big snapper in shallow water over a king - Once I get the head

shakes traveling up the line the addrenaline really gets going and the first sight of red colour as its coming

up cant be beat.

In deep water snapper tend to get the bends and dont fight at all, whereas the big kings it doesnt seem to

bother them.

I know which one I'd rather eat - Snappper

Both fish are great to fight & eat - And I guess its just personal preference between the two so It would

be great to hear others opinions

But what about bragging rights? Which would be the better crowd pleaser at the ramp?

I'd have to go with a big snapper - I've seen a genuine 40lb'er so I'll be

on a mission to catch one that big for the rest of my life.

Kings? well people always expect them to be big...

Jason

<P>I much prefer to eat snapper, the smaller plate size done whole on the BBQ are the best.</P>

<P>As for fighting, big kings are possibly the hardest fish in the sea to land, the live near structure and race straight for it in shallow or deep water.. I dont know how big snapper fight, but i'd love to have a go at one on some 6kg snapper gear.</P>

<P>I much prefer to eat snapper, the smaller plate size done whole on the BBQ are the best.</P>

<P>As for fighting, big kings are possibly the hardest fish in the sea to land, the live near structure and race straight for it in shallow or deep water.. I dont know how big snapper fight, but i'd love to have a go at one on some 6kg snapper gear.</P>

Sometimes big snapper are the hardest fish in the sea to land, as big snapper schools = big sharks

well you can generally get the head in - the sharks have a nack of eating the snapper only up

to behind the gills :mad3:

for eating purposes i would have to say the snapper, although the kngfish is nice i have had a few which were milky and ruined the fish.

and as for catching i would definetly have to say the kingfish, like people say they fight dirty and never give up. my brother can vouch for that, he was downrigging along molineax point today and got busted off hard. that was his first bust off and is taking it pretty hard. :074:

should have the report up tomorrow.

... upon filleting their flesh turned to shit...

CFD

Yuk! Thats disgusting, You must have been pretty disappointed after a hard days fishing... Id hate for my days catch to turn into shit...

There is somthing really special about seeing a crimson glow coming up from the depths. I am not saying Kingies are not special, but when you get a 5kg + snapper on light gear - well you have to do it to understand it. If you ever have, you are no doubt like me. Hooked!!!

Davo