Squidding In The Rain..

big_steve

hey guys,

not much of a report but i took a few snaps so i thought id share my little arvo fish today..

finished work around 5ish and called up a mate and said lets go try get some squid ready

for bait for the weekend... leaving campbelltown and storms were upon us and i almost

called it for a no goer but decided to go 4 a drive as i had nothing on in the arvo..

headed south in search for some squid and went through about 30mins SOLID rain and storms

and thought this isnt looking good.. got to our spot and it was lightly raining so we thought we

give it a go as we were there already..

cut a long story short we only got around half and hour casting at the squid as more storms and

heavy rain came down we had to race back to the car..

we snatched 8 squid in quick succession and it was a bummer to leave due to heavy rain..

my mate took 3 as he wanted a feed and i dndt argue as he caught a few and i kept 5 ready for kings

on the weekend.. post-1134-1172749525_thumb.jpg

so straight into some airtight bags then wrapped in newspaper in the freezer now there happily waiting for the weekend to come around

cheers steve

Nice bag O' squid there mate :thumbup:

I personally rekon during rain or just before a storm the squid get on the prowl :biggrin2:

yeah im thinking ur SPOT on there dude,

they were def on the chew.. im not complaning :1prop: just wished the rain dndt

force me to stop..

Nice one Steve, there's some forward planning for you !!! Hope they convert into some biggens on the weekend.

BTW which waterways did you catch the squid from?

got them down south just passed wollongong mate.... :thumbup:

steve

This is an excellent weekend for squidding. Full moon with the minor high tide just on dusk.

Flicking a few jigs around your favourite spot this evening and Saturday evening should produce a pretty good bag. Conditions could only be better if it were a new moon rather than full.

Nice squidding sess mate, well done.... Do you use squid jigs or a pillie on a spike?.

A while ago I was told only to use yo-zuri jigs, last weekend i gave the yo-zuris a flick using artificial shrimp sray.

There was 6 people working an area of 150 meters.... Three people got onto squid, all up 7 squid landed i got 5.

I am no expert but you do not need to be with the right combination.

All fired up now might hit the squid later today :1prop:

Nice squidding sess mate, well done.... Do you use squid jigs or a pillie on a spike?.

A while ago I was told only to use yo-zuri jigs, last weekend i gave the yo-zuris a flick using artificial shrimp sray.

There was 6 people working an area of 150 meters.... Three people got onto squid, all up 7 squid landed i got 5.

hehehe yeah it can be quite addictive once u get onto a few...

i use both yozuris and yamashita and a bit of egimax and wallah im getting them now..

technique has a lot to do with it as ive learnt off netic...

hes taught me almost everythng come squidding and fishing... come 6months ago i dndt kno the next

thing about squidding is def practice and persistance in the end it does pay off...

hard parts out the way now all i gotta do is convert them to kings...

hey guys,

not much of a report but i took a few snaps so i thought id share my little arvo fish today..

finished work around 5ish and called up a mate and said lets go try get some squid ready

for bait for the weekend... leaving campbelltown and storms were upon us and i almost

called it for a no goer but decided to go 4 a drive as i had nothing on in the arvo..

headed south in search for some squid and went through about 30mins SOLID rain and storms

and thought this isnt looking good.. got to our spot and it was lightly raining so we thought we

give it a go as we were there already..

cut a long story short we only got around half and hour casting at the squid as more storms and

heavy rain came down we had to race back to the car..

we snatched 8 squid in quick succession and it was a bummer to leave due to heavy rain..

my mate took 3 as he wanted a feed and i dndt argue as he caught a few and i kept 5 ready for kings

on the weekend.. post-1134-1172749525_thumb.jpg

so straight into some airtight bags then wrapped in newspaper in the freezer now there happily waiting for the weekend to come around

cheers steve LIKE THE SAYING GOES ____ NEVER EVER GIVE UP :1prop:

wen't to rushcutters bay around 9pm NO GOOD mate, going to hit old faithfull tomorrow