Freezer Burn

KingsRule

to stop freezer burn you need to put the fish in a plastic bag with no holes in it. it has to be completely sealed from the cold of the freezer other wise it will dry out and get freezer burn. so if you put them in a plastic bag say like one from the supermarket it will get freezer burn as you cannot completley seal the bag so no air can get in , if you know what i mean.

try the snap lock bags or vacum sealed bags if you can get them big enough or try putting them in a container and then freezing.

hope this helps

cheers

craig

to stop freezer burn you need to put the fish in a plastic bag with no holes in it. it has to be completely sealed from the cold of the freezer other wise it will dry out and get freezer burn. so if you put them in a plastic bag say like one from the supermarket it will get freezer burn as you cannot completley seal the bag so no air can get in , if you know what i mean.

try the snap lock bags or vacum sealed bags if you can get them big enough or try putting them in a container and then freezing.

hope this helps

cheers

craig

Hi All

Craig is correct in saying that you need to keep the air from getting into the bag otherwise you will get frezzer burn.

When buying the snap sealed bags or any other plastics bag they need to be for frezzer use only. These bags are slightly thicker than normal plastics bags.

You also need to get as much air out of the bag before you seal it. My mum use to put a straw in the bag and suck out the air then twist the top of the bag and seal it with a twist.

I don't use a straw.

Frezzer burn is when you see small to medium sized white patches appear on the fish

Hope this is of some help

GB