Merries Reef

groperman

ive fished it a couple of times with james1990

we didn't catch much just flatties.

I think you could expect to catch bakers, flatties, rock cod, snapper and other assorted reefies there.

Ive lost a lot of my snapper leader there too :mad3:

ive fished it a couple of times with james1990

we didn't catch much just flatties.

I think you could expect to catch bakers, flatties, rock cod, snapper and other assorted reefies there.

Ive lost a lot of my snapper leader there too :mad3:

Yeh me and dom have pretty much got into the flattys there, OK size to, have caught snapper there no big ones though.

I caught a 59cm king there about 18 months ago on fresh squid, also caught a big pufferfish in 90 feet of water.

Iv heard they get a few sharks around there too.

Give us a yell next time your going out as we ususally like to finish our day off there haveing a bottom bash, and might be able to show you some spots.

cheers james

Edited by james1990

like you guys have said i have heard of kingies, general reef stuff including snapper.

i have even heard of monster jewies there closer to boat harbour.

i was speaking to a mate of mine who has caught some 70lb jewies there underwaterfishing.

Edited by frankp

like you guys have said i have heard of kingies, general reef stuff including snapper.

i have even heard of monster jewies there closer to boat harbour.

i was speaking to a mate of mine who has caught some 70lb jewies there underwaterfishing.

Between the 2 sections of reef that break surface would produce good jews with the right tide, just got to be really carefull getting a boat near there.

cheers james