Frigate's Sashimi?

kabz

Guest IFishSick.

From what I've heard mate :puke:

But just give it a go anyway. Better off on the hook if you ask me.

Guest dicko1

When you salt them do you salt fillets of do you cut the fillets up into bait sizes strips and then salt. Also, if you freeze the salted product do they need to be air tight or just wrapped in some newspaper in a bag ok?

there EASY to prepare as bait fellas,

all i do is,

salt them heavy and wack a piece mesh over them to stop flys and wack em in the sun

for a few hours to

dry out a little during this all the blood and water and wat have u all comes out of the fillets

i only fillet the bonnie or frigate as a slab and salt them like that,

then once out using them for bait i just cut off what i need as in size ect

once salted i wack em in a zip lock bag then wrap in newpaper and WALLAH doneski..

steve

Just make sure they are fairly dry before packing them in plastic!! My last lot, I didn't use enough salt before I stored them & boy, did I know when I opened the plastic container! It was OFF!

Cheers

Roberta

there EASY to prepare as bait fellas,

all i do is,

salt them heavy and wack a piece mesh over them to stop flys and wack em in the sun

for a few hours to

dry out a little during this all the blood and water and wat have u all comes out of the fillets

i only fillet the bonnie or frigate as a slab and salt them like that,

then once out using them for bait i just cut off what i need as in size ect

once salted i wack em in a zip lock bag then wrap in newpaper and WALLAH doneski..

steve

Hey Big Steve I would've thought you'd want all the blood and wat have u to stay in the fillets as that would me more attractive for the fish and apparently it leaves a bit of a berley trail as is sits in the water, although i've never tried it so i'm probably talking out my ass :biggrin2: ???

Cheers,

Mark

Edited by costa

Guest dicko1

Hey Big Steve I would've thought you'd want all the blood and wat have u to stay in the fillets as that would me more attractive for the fish and apparently it leaves a bit of a berley trail as is sits in the water, although i've never tried it so i'm probably talking out my ass :biggrin2: ???

Cheers,

Mark

Yeah thats what I have heard as well, but again I have not tried it as of yet... Unless steve means to then whack it in the freezer with the blood and stuff still on??