Botany Bay And The Cooks River

OutdoorDan and myself decided to head out to Watts Reef in the wee small hours to see if we could tempt a King on plastics. We got out before it was light and the conditons were great light winds and no swell.

Two big bait schools turned up right on cue and we proceeded to cast our offerings into the fray.

Too our dismay they were PIke :thumbdown: and we got heaps of em arond 30 to 35 cms :1badmood: .

I landed a couple of small snapper on 3 inch bass minnows and Dan scored a reasonable Trevally which was his first on plastics.

We didnt see much action so decided to head back into the Cooks and have a shot at the Breambos.

We started at the first low bridge and Dan scored a very nice Flattie of 55 cms .The action was slow at first as we made our way down towards the Marsh Street Bridge.Then we started to score small and meduim size bream with a bit of regularity,nothing startling but bream of any size on lures is always a buzz.

We got our best bite at the Princess Highway Bridge and included a double hook up which was witnessed by a lot of people on the highway and toots and whistles let us know that they appreciated our show :yahoo:.

We had a great day on the hard bods and I used my fav pink smilin jack while Dan used an sx 40 .

Plenty of hits for most of the day and even scored a reasonable whiting and a few Flatties on the Gulp Sandworm.

Great day on the water with Dan as we always enjoy a day out together.

I was trialling one of Fishfinder custom Snapper master Rods and although I didnt score any fish on it today it cast beautifully with a 1/2oz tt rev head and a 5 inch jerk shad,this rod has plenty of potential and I will report back on the fighting characteristics when I score something worthwhile.

These are some of the pics of another great day out in the sun.

post-256-1173342527_thumb.jpg

post-256-1173342537_thumb.jpg

post-256-1173342547_thumb.jpg

post-256-1173342555_thumb.jpg

post-256-1173342564_thumb.jpg

post-256-1173342573_thumb.jpg

post-256-1173342583_thumb.jpg

post-256-1173342592_thumb.jpg

post-256-1173342603_thumb.jpg

post-256-1173342611_thumb.jpg

post-256-1173342623_thumb.jpg

post-256-1173342631_thumb.jpg

Cheers Swordfisherman

Some very healthy looking breambos there fellas. :thumbup:

Also a very nice flattie. Those blokes watching the double hookup must have thought

they were watching a bream tourney eh.

That's also a very nice rod Stewy..Tony is building some fine weapons and I bet you

can't wait to give it some action.

Great session guys.

Cheers,

Pete.

Well done guys on another top day :biggrin2:

geez the weather looked good.

Saw a couple of bream and the trev with dorsal fin injuries, is this due to previous encounters with pros nets or what?

Were i fish on Berowa creek, seems every second bream looks like that, at first i thought i was catching the same fish :074:

Cheers

BM

Sounds like you guys had an awesome lure fishing day. Nice catches and the weather looked beaut. Plus you don't go home smelling of bait. Top stuff :thumbup:

BTW what was the colour of the sx40 that dan was using?