I Want To Catch A Jewie!

Thomas Mattarelli

Hey Guys

Im new to this site and have only been reading other peoples topics for like a month and lol thought it was time to post one of my own

i have been fishing since i was a little kid but now i am getting pretty serious with it all, spending alot of money and having alot of fun but im yet to catch a jewie i think my biggest problem is that i dont have a boat but i know there is alot of spots around that a boat isnt too important.

So let me hear it guys. Where do i go to catch one of these things on foot. I fish alot of the hawksbury, woywoy, patonga, many more places that i can get access to deep holes by foot but still no luck

What am i doing wrong ?? and where the hell do they hang out lol ??

Thanks

Toms :1fishing1:

Hi,

Im no Jewie expert by any means but have had some success. Jewfish are a fish that bring great disscussion on this site so be prepared to take in many different angles. Ill give you my 2 bob.

Firstly, what bait are you using? I have had most success on live or fresh poddy muddy, or even the bigger river mullut. If its a fresh poddy I butterfly it and if its a big one I usually use a whole fillet. I have also caught them on fresh, whole peeled prawns or worms.

The tide is very important. They tend to be much more active on the rising or high tide. I have actually never caught a Jewie on low tide.

I have had most luck at night.

One topic that raises the emotions on this site is moon cycles. Personally, I feel they are more active on a growing or full moon. But that is a whole other story and doesnt need to be disscussed here. Check this topic out http://www.fishraider.com.au/Invision/inde...showtopic=17977 There is a post on there by "Jewhunter" which is well worth reading. You may also wish to PM him to ask for his advise.

Stick to your holes around the entrance to rivers on a big running tide at night near a full moon. You have to be patient. When I first started fishing for Jewies I used to spend all night. Long nights for no bites or just sharks and rays. Eventually you pick up on them. Keep at it. Youll get them! Let me know how things go.

hey thanks guys for your replys i havnt realy done much beach fishing or night fishing for them however i will be starting that up soon

i have tried using baits such as fresh squid, freash mullet fillets , live pottys, and also yellow tail i have had huge hits but never been on too one much longer then about 2minutes

i know if i keep on it il soon get one i am going to start fishing realy early in the morning on the rising and falling of the tides and see how i go

Thanks again for the replys