Port Kembla

CR@ZY OS@M@

hit port kembla yesterday

got there at 6 am

went to our spot to get some livies.

got around 40 yakkas and 3 small tailors ,2 of the yellow tail being around 30cm :1yikes:

everything looking good although the weather wasnt the best.

we head out for a troll around 8.30 for zilch then decide to go in search for kings .

we anchor up and burley up but nothing and when we go to bring in the electric anchor.anchor must of cut somewhere along the way and lost my anchor :ranting2::ranting2::ranting2: .

decide to troll again and nothing.

spoke to maybe the only 3 boats i had seen out there on the hunt for a fish and they also had no luck.

we called it quits by mid day and return to our live bait ground to throw back all our livies.

i didnt get to test out my new saltiga rod with a saltiga 4500 reel that i purchased on friday arvo

Edited by Crazy John

exactly that. i couldnt put it any other way dude.

as the kings,they dont seem to be out there in numbers as 2 months ago.

from last 2 trips there it was quiet also,lot of pods of dolphins there as well,if its not dolphins its the bloody seals stealing your bait and your catch of a good size king :ranting2::ranting2:

Bad luck mate, but sounds like the same story we had in Sydney Harbour. Nice selection on rod and reel though- post up its performance when you break its virginity.

Did you fish the islands?, where is the bait- pm me if you dont mind.

Cheers

Adam

i will post up the performance of the rod when i get a chance to and yes i did fish the islands,the first and second island,not pig island.

hope i do get onto them soon penguin.

got told that would be around in big numbers next month

Edited by Crazy John

it was weird ,i saw activity on the sounder and decided to anchor up and burley and start fishing at the spot and next i decide to move on and no anchor nor chain.

the rope was spliced and threaded back in the rope itself so i cant work it out and it was tested by the guys from cougarcraft.