Bull Shark Jaws

jacob

i caught a little bull shark a few days ago and i just put the head in a crab trap to clean the meat off and now the teeth are all falling out. i was wondering if anyone has done jaws before? im new to this

thanks

ive done a couple of sets. i cut them out, clean the bulk of the flesh off with a knife, then put them in a bucket with water and a heavy dose of chlorine and allow them to soak for a few days. after a few days the remaining flesh will fall off and you will have nice clean set of jaws. hold the jaws in the shape you want them to dry in, hold them open by wedging a stick in if needed. and then just let them sit and dry in a warm place for a day or 2

Edited by madmac

Hi Jacob,

there is a resident taxidermist on the austhunt forum, which I sometimes visit (www.aushunt.com.au), she is always happy to answer questions and she should be able to give you some good advice.

Nik

Guest dicko1

mate if you are fishing from a boat tie them up and lower them doen just off the bottom to avoid crabs and sea lice and other little pickers will clean it up real nice for you in a couple of hours.... just cut as much flesh as you can off first...

Hi Jacob,

An old mate of mine used to just put the jaws on top of an ants nest for a few days...clean as a whistle

in no time.

Probably won't help much unless you live in the bush though.

Cheers,

Pete.