Beach Session

mcownage

I decided to give the entrance beach a go this morning and i am glad i did. I got up at 5:30 am and headded for the beach i stopped at the fishing shop to get some pillies. I wasn't to confident in my ability to catch some livies. I got to the channel at around six and burleyed up in the hope i coud net some potty mullet with no luck they where no where to be found. By 6:30 it was starting to get light so i headed to the beach the tide was perfect for a short 2 hour session it was the very bottom of the tide but i still had a nice channel running out past the sand bar. I wacked on a pillie and waded out to the sand bar so i could get my bait on the other side of this channel that was heading out east north east to the right of me. I casted it landed right where i wanted and got pulled into the channel. I kept letting line out slowly as the current pulled until Bang i was on not even 10min beauty pulled her in and it was a 41cm lizzard. What a start i was hoping to catch some samon but faer i should have been on the other side of the channel oh well the :wife: will love the flatty now i need one for me. I baited back up and headed out and within 30 min and a couple of casts same as previous catch another hit. Wow this one felt better than the last one i pulled this one in carefully so as not to bust off, I was using my fathers passed down 12ft beach rod with overhead alvey and 9lb mono line love that combo, another lizzard this one much fatter than the last i didn't measure him but imagine he went about 48cm you can see in the photos. Being happy with that i shifted off as the tide begain to kick me off the sand bar. I tryed the rocks at Terrigal between the skillion and the boat house, a diver that i met he was leaving as i was on my way in said he had seen some kingies but i tryed there for an hour or so and no good the ocean was so calm this morning and just a slight south east wind i was very happy with my effort.

post-3300-1174533865_thumb.jpg

Well done, K1ngf1sher - a couple of nice flatties will go down well. A good sign for the upcoming social too.

Flattieman.

Thats what i was thinking just have to hope weather and swell is right the tide will be high at 6:30am on the sunday not the tide i like but it will have too do. I would hate to try if there are 30knot winds lol or a 2-3m swell like last weekend

Edited by K1ngf1sher

Todays Effort Same spot but on the southern side of the channel hooked this baby 2-3 metres in front of me on the wind in (see pic) and dropped one in the same spot we are having flatties all weekend for dinner.

64cm nice and fat too

post-3300-1174625271_thumb.jpg

Edited by K1ngf1sher

I caught a 65cm flatty before and it feeds me the :wife: my 2 boys for 1 nice meal. So i will cook that one on sunday night in the oven with potatoes rosmary sprigs and whole cloves of garlic lemon salt pepper and olive olive mmmmmmmmaarrrrrrrrggg scrumpious