Drag Capability Of The Spheros

ACZ

Was jus rerigging my jig outfits 4 a session 2moz and am jus curious if neone has ne idea of the drag capability of a spheros 14000 with the complete stella upgrade kit (drag washers, bearings, handle)????....according to the shimano reel catalogue it has a max drag of 25pds (11kg)...thats without the kit.....so with the kit am thinking 30pd (15kg) possibly????....i usually have the drag setting on this outfit at 10kg and have not had ne dramas

Tony from Fishfinder Bait and Tackle can get the kit for you. He has upgraded quite a few Spheros reels. :thumbup:

Cheers

Red

Thanks Red, do you know what the going rate is for the kit? I am happy to do the upgrade myself, I have the confidence now - after watching your skills at the Fishraider workshop :thumbup:

Does this kit also include the Stella handle?

Firstly, I'm so happy the demonstration has given raiders the confidence to have a go :thumbup:

As for the kit price, i'm not 100% sure but its cheaper than you would think. Give Shimano a call on 02-95262144 and ask for Tim or Chris.

Regards

Red

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I purchase an upgraded spheros about 2months ago and have had only one fish hit that pulled drag, however the drag doesnt appear real smoothe. Should i expect this being that it is only a spheros or should i be concerned?