First Kingy 1 / 4 / 07

roosterman

decided to finally give these kingys a go all you guys have been getting into.last week was washed out so i was very eager to get into them.i put in at roseville about 3.30am sunday morning and had dicko as my deckie.we were both kingy virgins and was my first trip in syd harbour as i normally fish the hawksbury for jew.got to the spit and a couple other raiders were getting a few sqiud allready.. spotted the secret weapon, ;) a patternoster rig with multiple jigs. well after a while we headed off and try around balmoral for more squid.all up only got 3 squid sun was starting to rise so headed over to wedding cake to get a spot before it got packed with boats..after a couple hours not much happening then saw the king of kingys cruise past downrigging and scored a nice one after a couple passes,ill let kelvin continue with that one,nice fish anyway mate.. about half hour later checked my livie and it was gone :ranting2: dont know how long i was with bare hooks. asked dicko for ok on last sqiud and he gos ok.what a champ as he caught 2 squid to my 1. put it out and within minutes bang,i was on.after a few short adrenalin pumping minutes dicko nets my first king and it went just on 61cm :yahoo::yahoo: .gee they go hard and this was only just legal. i was worried about size but you were right dicko to the tail tips it is.the smile on my face says it all. all went quiet after that and nothing else worth noting from 8 - 9 other boats except a ripper of a lizard from this guy with full on overhead game gear,poor flatty had no chance :074:. well thanks again dicko it was more than a pleasure and sorry you didnt score one mate but great to see yo got one today :thumbup: . i think i am very sick now ............................ kingy fever has struck and i think the only cure is copious amounts of live squid and a good deckie like dicko. :074::074:

post-2219-1175507077_thumb.jpg

Edited by roosterman

I saw you guys land that king. Great effort and congratulations. Now you are indoctrinated into the world of kings. You'll never look back.

The fishing was pretty tough on Sunday as the wind was up and the moon very large.

Don't you just love the way these guys pull?? Even the small ones give you a run for your money. See you out there. Cheers Kelvin

p.s that motor is a strange brand. What was it?

hi kelvin, yeh they sure give a bit of stick.i was more than prepared gear wise as i got myself a thunnus loaded with 50lb fins and 60lb mono leader.good feedback and posts from you and others helped me be prepared for these brutes and unfortunately for that king my gear was way too much for him.he still peeled line off and drag was set pretty tight though.. as for my motor it is called a "SELVA" it is italian and is pretty good.. not a lot of em here in oz but popular in europe..

hi chris,we sure have been gettin hammered, just like that king hammerd my squid :074: . guys just gave up and lots of mistakes throughout the game.. juries still out on andersons coaching though... at least we had 2 markers this time... can only get better from here mate...

hi swordi, i used that knot you showed me at wattos at the bbq, much easier with heavy leader,thanks mate worked a treat...

and thanks sean for the great bargain on that livie tank,wish id got one years ago.i dont know how wattos can survive with such cheap prices but im not complaining :biggrin2:

hi d & g we fished the one still standing,does anyone know what the fallen one will be replaced with.howd you go that day.

Edited by roosterman

Yeah it, the old one, it holding them "infrequently".

You need to put the time in @ this spot that is for sure!!!!. Dunno if its being replaced.

D & G

PS which day are you talking about, Ive pretty much fished the harb every 2-3days for the last 3 weeks

Edited by Dan and Greg

Very well done mate.......now the obsession begins

obsession what obsession... dreaming of "cephalopods" and "Seriola lalandi" this anoying sound like zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

this tight pulling sensation and a belly thats going yummy yummy..

my local doctor cannot help , i think its called kingy fever...

i would put my resignation in to the boss to fuel this obsession but the :wife: would quickly cure me forever :074::074: .

Edited by roosterman

Guest dicko1

Hey roosterman! Yeah it was a great day on out and at least one of us got our first king! Whoever took that photograph is an awesome photographer! .... just kidding, it was me! Thanks again for the invite, we'l have to do it again in the future, too bad the kings are just ending ay!! And im sure the roosters will pick up there game soon, they just dont wanna peak to early in case they burn out. As i always say, its great to have potential, just so long as you dont have it for to long!

Dicko