New Flick Stick

kbark

I'm replacing my stick for the 3rd time :1badmood: and am considering the Finesse Raider; Starlo Pro; and Strudwick SicStik Pro. 7 foot and either 1-3kg or 2-4kg one piece. Looking for the best rod under $200. I use it mostly for throwing sps at flathead and bream with occasional light pelagic work too. So far I like the feel of the Strudwick...any suggestions?

Cheers,

Kit

With the Fishraider discount from Fishfinder bait and tackle, you can Pickup a Shimano T-Curve tournament spin rod and have change from $200

I had a look at one of these....the action is quite slow. Is this ok for sps? Thought it would be harder to twitch the baits.

thanks Sammy

I had a look at one of these....the action is quite slow. Is this ok for sps? Thought it would be harder to twitch the baits.

thanks Sammy

Hi Mate,

You were probably looking at the XL spin model, which is a super light stick, great for lures up to 5 grams and line classes up to 4kg.....there are plenty of other models in a faster action for use with heavier lures.

I would also recommend the Starlo stix tournament pro range, the spin light and spin medium are fantastic rods that retail for a smidge under $199 and would be even cheaper with your 10% raider discount. They are fantastic rods built on 'hastings' blanks and have a crisp, fast action..i would be very happy to have one of these myself....excellent rods, much better than the blue ssx range. Tony has the Starlo stix tournament pro light spin in stock right now.

Cheers

Sam

The new Starlo Litespin is a great value stick. I'm so impressed i bought 3 of them :1prop:

Some people compare the blank to a Miller Bream rod. Thats a pretty good wrap.

Cheers

Red

that's the starlo pro litespin?

hello

i reackon the starlo stix are better than the t curves i own both. i matched my with a twinpower 1000fb and it is a really nice lookin combo so what will you natch it to cheers

currently a symetre 2500 but might go for something smaller.

I'm replacing my stick for the 3rd time :1badmood: and am considering the Finesse Raider; Starlo Pro; and Strudwick SicStik Pro. 7 foot and either 1-3kg or 2-4kg one piece. Looking for the best rod under $200. I use it mostly for throwing sps at flathead and bream with occasional light pelagic work too. So far I like the feel of the Strudwick...any suggestions?

Cheers,

Kit

I've been using a 7ft2 raider for a few months now, mainly throwing plastics and sx40's for bream and flathead for which its been great. Also use it a bit casting slugs and poppers for small gts, queenies and gh's, and have had no worries. would happily recommend one.

BEFORE YOU MAKE YOURE MIND UP, CHECK OUT THE STARLO PRO LITE!

TOP ROD FOR THE MONEY WELL MADE CASTS WELL AND HAS A NICE ACTION.

PROBABLY THE BEST VALUE PF ITS CLASS IVE SEEN FOR THE MONEY!!!

CHEERS TONES

thanks tony, i had a look at one and will probably go that way.