Narra Lakes Quick Session

mrmoshe

Went down to Narra Lake for a quick session yesterday arvo as I was feeling a little better and

was going stir crazy at home.

Using my usual whitebait and catching heaps of just undersize bream and then the tailor plague hit me again...all about 20cm long, which is amazing as the last session they were all about 14cm long...gee they grow fast in a month...bodes well for winter as the lake is just full of 'em at the moment and the lake entrance is starting to close up fast now, meaning they will be trapped in there and fattening up on all the small poddies.

Was targeting flatties and didn't manage one all day, just plagues of those tiddler tailor.

All fish returned as usual.

Gave it away after an hour or so as I was getting tired and don't want t overdo it at this stage but, boy, I feel better fishing than sitting at home as my doctor has told me...I call it "therapy"

Oh, and while I was wading in knee deep water, I looked down and saw the biggest mud crab I have ever seen right at my feet where I was throwing half eaten baits..this bugger had a carapace about 30cm across and the biggest claws I've seen...i have never seen a muddy in the lake before, so quickly waded back to shore to grab my net, but by the time I got back, it had done a runner...bugger!! I was thinking chilli crab for dinner..Oh well...

Cheers,

Pete.

when i'm wading through knee deep mud i often think i'm going to loose a few toes. those pesky tailor are chewing my sps at the moment too. we'll have to have a session soon pete.

You bet Kit...The rate they are growing...it won't be long before there are heaps of legals in the lake.

I always wear those placcy clogs when wading just in case.

Have you had much luck on the flatties in the lake lately mate?

Cheers,

Pete.

Edited by MallacootaPete

You bet Kit...The rate they are growing...it won't be long before there are heaps of legals in the lake.

I always wear those placcy clogs when wading just in case.

Have you had much luck on the flatties in the lake lately mate?

Cheers,

Pete.

yeah...the flatties are still around. haven't caught a big one for a couple of weeks.

Whats up Pete, don't you think it would be worth loosing a finger or two for a feed of chilli crab? :wacko::biggrin2:

Cheers

Jeff.

nah...I've got used to having all my digits in place :074:

It was a ripper of a crab too...would have taken a few toes off for sure .

Cheers,

Pete.

Shame about missing the muddy, Pete. I probably would've dumped all my whitebait in the water (useless stuff :074: ) to occupy the crab and then grabbed the net... although... what eats whitebait these days? :074: I'm sure it just came over to complain about the bad smell. :biggrin2: Hope you get some flatties next time, mate - good to hear that you're feeling quite well. :thumbup:

Flattieman.

Hi Pete

Glad to hear you are feeling better!

Just nice getting your feet wet, eh?? Just as well he didn't bite your big toe!! That is how I used to catch crabs up in Qld when I was just a nipper myself!!!

Now you know where to put your trap (if you are allowed to!)

Cheerio

Roberta