Fat Easter Mullet/bream Session With Video

dazzassj6

Weather: Light Showers/Fine

Temperature:23 degrees

Wind: 0-12 knots

Time: 11:30-2:30pm, High tide 12:30

Arrived at 11:30 started to burley wif bread a bit, then casted there was sooo many ducks that stole my pieces of bread and from the hook aswell! damn i wish i'll hook them one day to teach them a lesson.

Anyways couple of casts caught my first mullet, wasnt too big but still had a few runs. Then after it was a strong pull and surfaced and it was a NICE 34cm bream which fought well. I thought it was a mullet lol. Then the next cast was special. As soon as i dropped the float and bread into the water it got smashed straight away and the mullet fought sooo hard, it had like 5 runs. But then wen it surfaced it was similar size to the first few ones. Yeh thats about it.

Catches:4 mullets and one 34cm bream.

All was released to fight another day. I'm never gonna eat these mullets in my life, had bad experience with eating mullet >_< yuck! The bites was off around 2:30 so decided to leave after a 3 hour session.

Video of myself fighting mullet with Commentary!

VIDEO CLICK HERE

IMG_2235.jpg

check out the bream's spinal fins. Theres a chunk of his spine missing!

IMG_2236.jpg

IMG_2238.jpg

IMG_2239.jpg

IMG_2241.jpg

Edited by dazzassj6

great fish there and good entertainment..

id have to agree that mullet arent the best for eating although they make a top bait for jewfish (whole or in fillets), bream (when strips and the gut is top bait also) and a variety of species.

great fish there and good entertainment..

id have to agree that mullet arent the best for eating although they make a top bait for jewfish (whole or in fillets), bream (when strips and the gut is top bait also) and a variety of species.

Yeh thats wat im gonna do. Next time im gonna keep just one mullet for bait for jewies or sumfin. But definately not gonna use gut for bait, they stink soo badly. Theres so much bloody and gut juice in mullets its not funny.