Caught A Few Blue Swimmers.

Blackfish

Went up to Woy Woy/Central Coast for a couple of days over Easter and took the Father-In-law to a old crab spot of mine I haven't fished for 25yrs, its a very small spot just enough for 1 boat. Lucky for me the Crabs were on the chew, so we ended up with 11 crabs in just under 1-hr. With the F.I.L. getting a monster of one.

We were home by 8-am for Breakfast, with the Mother in Law :wife: also very impressed.

So fresh Crabs for lunch and a couple of :beersmile: sitting on their Veranda.

Now the in-laws think I'm a good bloke...................... what can i do to dispel this miss information :biggrin2:

crabsuy9.jpg

Max with his Big Blue Swimmer

crabs2oc6.jpg

End result

crabs3un6.jpg

B.F.

11 blue swimmers! nicee!

watd u use? pots?... and where abouts do u drop em? near the shore? or near trees? or in the middle of the water??...

lol just noticed u live in eastwood! haha i go to Marist Brothers there! :) and live in marsfield.. not that far away.. maybe u can take me out crabbing one day if ever bothered lol..

Edited by Shant

11 blue swimmers! nicee!

watd u use? pots?... and where abouts do u drop em? near the shore? or near trees? or in the middle of the water??...

Hi there Shant ,we were fishing up at Woy Woy which is in Brisbane Waters. Brisbane Waters is closed to all types of Traps , we just used hand lines and a piece of Mullet for bait,its way good fun.

We thought we had enough at that stage,so just pulled up our lines and headed back for breaky.

The Crabs do like living around Ribbon weed banks.

Yum choco bunny,

Yeah James, you can see my 6yr old looking on,she hasn't developed the taste for Crabs....YET.

B.F.

Edited by Blackfish