Monday Kingy Barrenjoey

Kingy

Went out with the father-in-law for the first time on my boat and wanted him to catch his first kingy. Didn't take long before one of the rods almost gets torn from the boat, but stripped the yakka from the hook.

5 minutes later and onto a nice 80cm fish brought to the bought by the FIL. He was happy so after losing a few more yakkas headed in.

2 more kingies caught on Sat of the Easter weekend at Barrenjoey and West Head (62 and 65cm). I was suprised as all reports I had heard was that the kingies were starting thinning out.

Kingy

post-900-1176284261_thumb.jpg

Great Fish mate, I'm heading out Friday night for a Jewie (That just sounds to easy for my liking) and then I might see if I can round up a Kingy Sat Morning.Were you outside Barenjoey or just hanging around the middle area near west head?

Cheers,

stumpy - Two on Sat were taken off west head near yakka grounds, and near bomby at Barrenjoey. Monday East of Barrenjoey headland. Good luck on the jews, let us know if you catch any and the big question WHERE??????

Kingy

stumpy - Two on Sat were taken off west head near yakka grounds, and near bomby at Barrenjoey. Monday East of Barrenjoey headland. Good luck on the jews, let us know if you catch any and the big question WHERE??????

Kingy

Kingy, there has been some good jewies coming out all over the place but Juno point has been mentioned many times.The river has actually come alive in the past 3 weeks and checking out the size of scales left at the cleaning table, some mighty big ones have been landed recently! Not having a personal spot of my own, I will play with the numbers and fish Juno or Flint. If the wind is up I will fall back to Smiths Creek or Cowan Creek. I just sound a hole and drop anchor!