Clifton Gardens....king Fish

amkulic

Hi,

Im heading out on my boat early on the weekend or Monday Morning. Just wanting a little advice: im gonig to try to get some squid or some live yellow tail or yakkas first and then try to get my first kingfish !! :1prop:

To get squid should I try to use my jig around the edges of the bay and slowly wind up from weed beds? Or should I concentrare on the jetties structure?

To get live bait im gonig to berley up and then just use some small hooks with bread or bits or prawn or pilchards? Will this b ok to get some results???

SO when I go fro the kingies should i drift along in my boat or anchor up?? and do i use my bait by winding it up form bottom slowly or just let it drift down naturally with no weight??

Any info would be fantastic as i'd love to get my first king fish!!!!

Thanks

Edited by fish hunter 181

Mate there has been plenty of threads about all the questions you have asked....use the search feature at the top and im sure you will get all the info you require....

The kings are definately not as thick in the harbour as they were 4 weeks ago.

up until a few weeks ago i was using a a single hook to catch my yakkas.

i was intoduced to a bait jig which has many hooks to it and my success has doubled since, it gives you more options.

and like netic said there is heaps of info if you just search.

kingies have pretty much left for the season for the LB fishos :(

for squid, cast out around the weedbeds next the baths..or if youre lucky you can sightcast them around the jetties as ive done it before from the baths boardwalk.

as netic said, use the search function, as there have been PLENTY of CG kingy related topics over the summer.

good luck with it!

Davy

Hi guys! (first post):icon_peace:

I to wanna go to clifton wharf during the easter holidays, but it's been a while. I expected the kingie LB rush to be over by now, but what is still availabe around the wharf? Are frigates and yakkas still frequenting and if so what are they taking? In general, what's there right now?:huh:

Trevally are starting to make a stong apperance now

The frigates are still around, from what i have seen 3' bass minnows have been the best lures in recent weeks.

Always bream around, few pike and the odd flattie or flounder.

(there are still kingys around, just takes a bit longer to get one)