Trailerboathire Session

mrmoshe

Well...after waiting a week for the weather Gods to let us return to the Harbour for a good

day's fishing...All looked perfect yesterday, hardly any wind and no rain within sight.

My mate NarraBrett and myself got everything together including every bait known to man to tackle

a few kings and whatever else wanted to tussle with our gear.

Hit Tunks at 6:15am and launched..got the camera out to take some pics of the launch and zippo!! The camera had carked it!! Damn!! Couldn't get it working all day.

OK, off to Spit Bridge to try for some squid and saw a few other raiders there and they got 5 and moved along.

We spent the next 25 minutes there in the same spot using my new Yozuri which I thought was the ants pants in jigs including Egimax ...a big fat zero again..They must see me coming I reckon and have nothing to do with me.

Next stop...Balmoral for some yakkas...plenty there and we manages 25 in quick order and into the battery operated aerated tank...Then the brand new aerator batteries crapped out...only bought them the day before and they were cactus in about 2 minutes....can it get any worse I think? Yep!!

Then Brett said hey..."Guess what day it is?..Friday the 13th...Grrrrrrr

Anyway, we started downrigging from Balmoral all the way to Clifton with dead squid and trolling a live yakka...not a touch.

Anchored up near the drums at Clifton for another donut...No one else seemed to be getting anything either...What a strange day I thought.

Hit the cakes for a couple of nibbles, but nothing else and decided to troll around Shark Island..again nothing.

Hit a few more spots that fellow raiders have given me tips that usually produce...nothing!!

Decided then to try the wave bouy off Quarantine where I got that samson last week as I thought it is at least a proven spot...2 underweight snapper and a small flounder were returned from there...at least there are fish there I thought.

A couple of blokes nearby looked like they were onto something largish only to bring up a PJ...Oh geez...this is getting ridiculous.

We tried a few other spots around the harbour before finally admiting defeat and headed back to Tunks.

It was such a beautiful day on the Harbour in any case and we had lots of laughs but all in all...a virtually fishless outing.

Note to self....Don't fish Friday the 13th again.

The boat handled perfectly again and they are a pleasure to drive and with Darren's "Deal of a Lifetime"

was too good to pass up.

So sorry, no pics, no fish, but lots of good memories of a fun day on the water.

Better luck next time.

Cheers,

Pete.

Hi Pete

Shame the fish hadn't read the rule book! You travelled around a fair bit & caught up with other raiders - wasn't all bad, eh?? A t least it didn't rain!!

The fish have been pretty scarce up here as well - got 2 average blackies (28 & 30cm) after 2.5hr on the breakwall! Not good enough! Enough for a feed, so can't really complain.

Re the camera - I keep a couple of sets of spare batteries (all rechargeable) in the bag with the camera & still assume they will all die before the end of the day! Don't know what it is that makes them run out so quickly! I have even reduced the megapix from 6 to 4! Will try turning the display screen off, too.

Good to see you are out & about again!

Cheers

Roberta

Sorry to hear about the lack of fish Pete , but I guess thats fishing!!

We hit the harbour today with Hussar 480 , very quiet for us as well , although #1 Son landed a PB Flatty (51CM) at the cakes , and I scored a 36cm model at Spot X!!

Noticed the water temp had nosedived since last week , that could have had something to do with it !!

Ross

Sorry to hear about the lack of fish Pete , but I guess thats fishing!!

We hit the harbour today with Hussar 480 , very quiet for us as well , although #1 Son landed a PB Flatty (51CM) at the cakes , and I scored a 36cm model at Spot X!!

Noticed the water temp had nosedived since last week , that could have had something to do with it !!

Ross

Good going to nail a couple of flatties Ross and yes, I noticed too that the water temp. was down a bit...It could have had some impact on the lack of fish on our outing.

Glad you fared better than us and yesterday was a pretty nice day on the water by the look of things up my way.

Cheers,

Pete.

OK, off to Spit Bridge to try for some squid and saw a few other raiders there and they got 5 and moved along.

We spent the next 25 minutes there in the same spot using my new Yozuri which I thought was the ants pants in jigs including Egimax ...a big fat zero again..They must see me coming I reckon and have nothing to do with me.

Hi Pete,

That was myself and Huntman (Andrew) and his father in law (also Andrew).

We managed to convert 4 of those squid to kings so not a bad day for us. We also had three bust offs which was a little dissapointing, but that's fishing for you..

Cheers.

Robbie.

Hi Pete,

That was myself and Huntman (Andrew) and his father in law (also Andrew).

We managed to convert 4 of those squid to kings so not a bad day for us. We also had three bust offs which was a little dissapointing, but that's fishing for you..

Cheers.

Robbie.

You did well Robbie...I thought that was you guys, just wasn't quite sure.

Glad you managed some fish with those squid...we tried i the same spot after you left and zilcho!!

U fellas must have the technique...or they saw me coming LOL

Were you guys downrigging all day??

Cheers,

Pete.

Hi Pete,

Where you first saw us was not where we got the squid :)

We had just finished our drifts and had moved out of the way to pack up, Check your PM for the real spot :)

We down rigged around Quarintiine for zip and moved onto another spot further up stream, as we were approaching the spot we stopped to rig up again and my rigger line snapped in the proccess so we anchored and dropped our baits out to get smashed straight away.

Andrew Snr was on first strike as he has never caught a kingy before. Well he has now. Is he happy? I think so.... :banana: :banana: :banana:

Cheers.

Robbie.

He has the photo up on his wall now robbie :) I'll get you a copy of some of the other ones when I can.

Andrew snr cleaned up on the squid, he caught 4 out of our 5, so he deserved first strike I reckon! It was nice to see you guys out there as well, you did a lot better than us on the yakkas.

He has the photo up on his wall now robbie :) I'll get you a copy of some of the other ones when I can.

Andrew snr cleaned up on the squid, he caught 4 out of our 5, so he deserved first strike I reckon! It was nice to see you guys out there as well, you did a lot better than us on the yakkas.

Congrats to Andrew Snr. on his first Kingie...well done! He surely deserved first strike seeing his squidding

was so good.

Thanks for the PM re: the squid too....dunno why we didn't think of that in the first place.

The yakkas were plentiful at Balmoral...just a shame the crummy batteries (new ones) decided to give up

the ghost early on in the aerator....we tried keeping the water changed all day but not enough to keep the poor buggers kicking.

Better luck next time but I've found my home turf of good old Narra lake produces more fish (although no kingies) and I always come away feeling I have had a good session.

Hope to see you on the water again soon some time.

Cheers,

Pete.