Sydney Harbour 13/14

miller

Hi all raiders

Headed out fri arvo for the usual bait gathering and TJ as my off sider.The squid have slowed a bit

it took 5 hours to raise 40 squid and a dozen yakas

with the bait sorted we set up for the nights sleep.Woke to a chilly morning but clear skies

On the way out we ran into a jewie fisherman id talked to at my local tackle shop

for exchange for a few squid he let us tag along{who said jewie fisherman are secetive}

We headed off to one of his spots and started drifting.after a couple of drifts old mate lands the first jew of the day and the only jew. Two drifts later my yaka starts panicing then nothing i shrug my sholders thinkin ive lost my yaka only to find wieght on the other end after a minute of mad winding this old girl pops her head out of the water

post-2224-1176533819_thumb.jpg

post-2224-1176533890_thumb.jpg

she went about 78cm a pb for me after the pics she was released unharmed

After a couple more drifts we decided to go and chace some king. We thanked old mate for showing us some spots and how to and went looking for kings

We tried just about every marker in the harbour for zero.The pickers massacred about a dozen squid so we decided to head into middle harbour

We found a moring at seaforth droped a couple of baits and started to cook breaky just as im about to chow down on my bne roll my rod doubles over and im on a short fight and a 65cm kingy is boated

after that the picers moved in again and we decide to call it a day but as TJ is winding up whats left of his squid he gets a hit and he is on after a vary short fight {rod loaded with 50lb line}a watsons leapig banito

is boated

it was 40cm it was release

after that we packed up and headed home to clean the catch

So not a bad day on the water

cheers

miller

post-2224-1176534519_thumb.jpg

post-2224-1176534752_thumb.jpg

Edited by miller

some nice fish caught, congrats. Why did u release the flatty?? Beaut fish to eat!!!!

shant :1fishing1:

shant as davy has said plenty of flattie kids in the future

the big flatties are the breeders and i want my kids in the future to catch flatties

so i release any over 50cm

cheers

miller

Edited by miller

shant as davy has said plenty of flattie kids in the future

the big flatties are the breeders and i want my kids in the future to catch flatties

so i release any over 50cm

cheers

miller

fair enough reason, good to see someone's thinking about the future... I've only ever caught one which was about 75cm in total length.. so I wouldnt know much..

shant

fair enough reason, good to see someone's thinking about the future... I've only ever caught one which was about 75cm in total length.. so I wouldnt know much..

thats alright mate one day u might catch the mother of all flatties and take some pics and let her go

to breed

cheers

miller

Edited by rzep