Narra Quick Session

mrmoshe

Just to prove I could still catch fish after Friday's fishless Harbour trip...I dropped down to my old faithful Narra Lake this arvo armed with my usual whitebait and some prawns.

Scored 3 flatties in quick succession from 39cm to 46cm (only kept the biggest and released the others)

Also got a nice 27cm bream, also released as i don't eat 'em and then a small 24cm flounder (my fav fish)

Good to see I haven't lost it completely after shaking my confidence on Friday.

Funny isn't it...you always think the grass is greener in the next paddock only to find that home turf is usually the best anyway.

No pics as the camera is still stuffed!!

Beer battered flattie fillets for lunch tomorrow with pan fried flounder on the side ...Yummmm.

Cheers,

Pete

Your 'grass is greener' comment is absolutely spot on Pete!

Having recently bought a boat, and still being at the lower end of the boat fishing learning curve, I always get a giggle out of the fact that my land-based fishing is almost universally more productive than the sessions out of the boat.

Oh well - we must continue to challenge ourselves if our fishing is to improve eh?

Pete, everytime you mention Narrabeen, there is at least a few bonza fish involved!

You didn't lose anything- you just gave it a brief rest :074:

Er , and mate...... The grass is greener on the other side .................. until you TASTE IT !!

Pete, everytime you mention Narrabeen, there is at least a few bonza fish involved!

You didn't lose anything- you just gave it a brief rest :074:

Er , and mate...... The grass is greener on the other side .................. until you TASTE IT !!

Well...as for the taste...the flattie I kept for dinner went down a treat tonight as wll as the flounder, so

I'll stick to the green green grass of home for a while.

At least I'm assured of a feed when I want one.

I feel like a million bucks every time I go down there.The place is so serene and there are a million places

to fish comfortably...It'll do me for a while until I get better healthwise...then tackle the big fellas again

like kingies.

Cheers,

Pete.

Hi Pete

Well done - great session. Always nice to get a feed & put some back!

I know what you mean about 'the grass is greener' ..... after watching some monsters in the lake when paddling, I have been trying to catch blackies from my kayak recently - but it is totally different from fishing the wall!! You can see the buggers but they won't 'take'! I lie - had a great hit the other day & got busted off ..... had the drag set too high!

Perhaps I had best just stick to the breakwall (for blackies, anyway!)

Cheers

Roberta