First Fish In 20yrs

Mrs Stumpy

It is a sad state of afairs when you realize it has been over twenty years since your last proper fish. Yes, I have been as a family but as you all know the kids reel them in and you enjoy their thrill. Murray (AKA Stumpy) and I headed out Friday night. (see his post: Sydney Wide And Terrigal Fads, Your'e Bloody Joking!) Being from the country the only real fishing I had ever done was on the Murray river with my dad or trout fishing at Tumut (which I never mastered but still managed to catch). The main thing in common is you travel miles to the FADS or you walk for miles setting and checking night lines.

So on Friday we set out to the bait grounds and I was just like the kids with Murray baiting the lines and me jumping for joy as I let Murray unhook the livies. Poor Murray still didn't fish. Finally the thrill hit me, I baited and unhoked my catch myself and figured we would both smell of fish and not just him. When we caught our livies and headed back to the river to set up for the night.

Our first hit and Murray let me at it, poor bloke still had no chance of fishing as I was just like the kids. It was a Port Jackson shark. Never seen or felt one before and I was excited. Yes it was only little, but still I had finally landed a fish.

So now the bug has hit me again and I am already thinking of leaving the kids at home and heading out again during the week. I am sure I can twist Murray's arm to take a day of work.

post-4003-1176629405_thumb.jpg

That's what I'm talkin about :thumbup::thumbup::biggrin2:

Good on you Mrs Stumpy, I can't wait to read more of your reports

Catch up with you and Murray and the family at the Entrance social :biggrin2:

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

It will be great to put faces to names and even better, fish. If the kids will let us.

Excellent report Jo, glad you had a great time together and how cute is that shark! Bet the cabin was more comfortable minus the kids and it's nice to see you prepared for the night temps - you should look into purchasing a Fishraider's beanie as well. :1prop:

Look forward to fishing with you when the kids go back to school. Maybe you can show me some of Stumpy's secret fishing spots!!! :1fishing1:

Cheers Marg

Got any more pics?

Her are some of Murray and thought you might like to see what it was like early morn no land in site and only the sun. 4WD, fishing and Camping show on this week. Call ME. Love JO

Hopefully it worked this time.

post-4003-1176690568_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mrs Stumpy

Good onya Mrs Stumpy :1prop:

looks like some serious competition from the ladies

at the Entrance Social

Damn good to see girls :thumbup:

Chris

Not on your flamin life Chris 55!

When Jo and I go out for the comp, I'll just wisper in her ear that theres a 50% off sale at Grace Bros Umina!

She'll be back in shore faster than you could say "Slimey Mackeral"

Hehehehehehehe :05:

Mgibbo

After the third hammer head, which this was Murray was a bit :ranting2: . Our livies were getting munch by sharks and the first photo didn't work so I made him pose again.

rzep

The sunrise unfortunatelly wasn't watch from the start. We slept in, so next time will have to set an alarm

grantkingfish

It was easy to get the hang of it back but after smelling Murray's and the kids fishy clothes it took me a while to want to get dirty, but once I did touch the bait and livies that was the end of me.

Chris 55

Am looking forward to the Entrance. I was worried we wouldn't get in much fishing with three kids but we are taking a smaller boat so we can fish from all points of the boat with ease. I am still going to be selfish and let Murray deal with the kids and there lines. Hopefully I will catch something better than him, mind you our son has the biggest flat head so far in our family.

Edited by Mrs Stumpy