Chart Plotter Maps/gps Needed

hustler57

hey fellow raiders,

we just bought a new fishfinder/chartplotter for the boat and its only got maps of america,

its an Eagle SeaCharter 500c DF,

and new maps cost about $300 each,

does any one have any maps of nsw that we can download onto the chart plotter, gps.

That is a good unit you have there, I bought mine about 2 years ago and it has never let me down.

I had the same problem that you are now facing regarding the maps and I paid almost $300 for my map from memory. :1badmood:

It is a shame that you didn't buy the unit before christmas as they had a promotion on that when you bought one they gave you a free map.

Good luck I hope that some one has a soloution for you that dosen't cost lost of dollars.

Edited by rzep

It is a great unit.

If you have any doubts then I suggest that you attend our next Workshop as there will be a guest from LOWRANCE and EAGLE sounders .

I am sure that they will be able to answer any queries that you have.

Here is the link for the workshop.

WORKSHOP No.2

I have the same unit. I got it sent out from the states. Do you have any problems manually putting a waypoint into yours. When I go to the screen where you enter the data the screen appreas then goes away after a few seconds, not long enough to key the co-ordinants in.

I get around this by scrolling the curser position to the waypoint and then saving this point.

I bought a map for mine late last year for about the price you have indicated. I do not know if you can copy this or not.

Cheers

Kingpig

No I don't have a problem entering any gps marks into the unit.

In regards to copying the maps there is a warning all over the package that states that if you attempted to copy it then it will delete the card that the map is on.

I thought that it was a load of crap but I didn't want to waste $300 incase it was true. So just be carefull.

Also i think it is illegal to copy the maps...much like using a pirated version of Windows XP

It might be worthwhile you checking the legal side of it before posting it on an open forum.

Edited by netic

Also i think it is illegal to copy the maps...much like using a pirated version of Windows XP

It might be worthwhile you checking the legal side of it before posting it on an open forum.

I know of a fella who tried and stuffed his original ONE SO DONT TRY IT

Edited by Wetpatch

• 2 weeks later...

I know of a fella who tried and stuffed his original ONE SO DONT TRY IT

No you cant copy them but if you buy a card which i think in turn gives you

a code of the area you want and unlocks that area,, and maybe might be able to help

to unlock the rest of the card for most areas depends on which card you have most

gold cards have this option