Syd Harbour Sat 14th

roosterman

well this time i had Sunnyboy on board for my 3rd venture out into sydney harbour chasing those ever elusive kings. started from roseville around midnight friday night and headed for squid alley.surprised there were not many boats[last week was like pitt street] saw a couple raiders there but the squid were few and far between for us,we only got one each and got a few backup yakkas and taylor.headed over to balmorol on sunrise to millions of tiny yakkas but no squid.there seemed alot of debri in the water,prob from all that stormwater runoff.

i saw a nice king slowly :fish_h4h: into the school of yakkas and quikly had a livie down but he didnt seem hungry,even the yakkas didnt really go nuts. go figure :1prop: decided to head off over to quarantine for first go as i did ok there last week to find that the supposed 1mtr swell was alittle more and decided to head over to the markers inside. tried both the cakes to be greeted by lots of pickers and even my yakkas were quicly demolished :ranting2: a few times pulled up and front half missing ?. at the fallen one decided to put a 1/0 out with a squid tentackle on my bream/squid gear and started pulling in lots of trevs,all returned.was all fun till a king smashed my tiny bait on tiny hook before it got to the trevs.my little baitrunner with buggered drag screemed and after a short struggle to stop this brute he took me around the marker and reefed me :mad3: .

well thats what i love about fishing you put a bait in the water and absolutely anything can happen.pulled the pin around midday and nothing for the table but what a beaut day it was on the water and was a little fun with the trevs anyway.. thanks for the company sunnyboy i had a great day and its good to meet fellow raiders. steve...

good stuff mate, fish caught and it seems there was fun had. i know exactly what it feels like to hook a kingy on the lightest of all tackle, i was fishing the eastern cake late last summer for yakkas with a rod no thicker than a 10year olds pinkie when the thing doubled over and the shimano fx2000 started pinging its head off, quite funny with the same end result ping on the wedding cake.

top report mate shame the squiding was slow, it was red hot saturday night.