Any News On Nth Sydney Fad

keenandnew

I was hoping to head to the Nth Sydney FAD tomorrow but the Dept

has reported it as missing.If anyone has any further knowledge about it would be appreciated

Anyone seen it today. Hoping I can still get out there amongst the dollies.

Tight lines :1fishing1:

Edited by keenandnew

Guest Reely

My friend its gone, i was there on Sunday, was not there, the 4 traps that were next to it are gone too, the Terrigal one is gone also. Your best bet is to go to the Sydney ones. They have been producing fish.

My friend its gone, i was there on Sunday, was not there, the 4 traps that were next to it are gone too, the Terrigal one is gone also. Your best bet is to go to the Sydney ones. They have been producing fish.

Thanks there Reely

Have to rethink the plans.

Reports of Snapper on the reefs so might head there.

Regards

Guest Big-Banana

What pisses me off is that the day I went out I went back to check that it wasn't missing. The site hadn't been updated and we drove 30km out to find nothing.

I'm thinking a lot of the Terrigal Commercial guys have caught their quota because they have picked up 90% of their traps.

Guest Reely

A few of us actually think its the container ships that have been banked up from Newcastle and the likes that they may have picked them up on the way out from being anchored waiting to dock. Alternatively some commercial guys may have taken them as there has not been any large seas of late? I dunno, something suss about it thats for sure.

A few of us actually think its the container ships that have been banked up from Newcastle and the likes that they may have picked them up on the way out from being anchored waiting to dock. Alternatively some commercial guys may have taken them as there has not been any large seas of late? I dunno, something suss about it thats for sure.

I agree, the currents have not been so severe as to see all of these FADS disappear in such a short space in time. Something FISHY about the whole show.

To the poor bloke who's been out twice maybe you weren't wrong in your GPS time settings or datum.

You can't have that many people unable to find them.

An interesting point Reely, I too was surprised by the number of FADS suddenly missing.I have worked as a Navigating Deck Officer on both container and bulk carriers.Yesterday there were 3 large bulk carriers drifting within the general area of the Nth Sydney FAD, although in ballast these ships can draw a draft in excess of 10 metres and just drifting over a buoy that size is enough to destroy or break them loose. Vessels that size are often ordered to drift by their owners or charters rather than anchor to avoid demurrage and port costs.Ive got my money on the bulkies as the culprits. :thumbdown:

Tight Lines

Yep, I was the poor sucker who had the bad run with those bloody things!

As I said, coming home, I found a stray FAD and logged it on my GPS, If you want its spot I'll grab it for you, Its still in my GPS. Site is approx 15 km off Lion Island(If its still there)