Perfect Fish Session Middle Harbour

zen801

Hey Raiders,

Got up late this morning and due to perfect conditions i thought i might hit my favourite deep hole in Middle Harbour. Got to Roseville and jagged up a couple of quick yakkas then powered straight to the spot.

Got a yakka down and no sooner had he hit the bottom than he was going off. After a good little fight boated a 55cm rat. Thought twice about it but then decided Earl was right. Karma man Karma. Rat went back for another day. Ten minutes later next Yakka got smashed and after a much better fight pulled another Kingie at about seventy. Karma.

Mate i was pretty stoked as i had only just got there for the high tide and had a nice keeper. Put out some more yakkas over next hour for two hits and misses.

Put on last two and decided to muck around with my other rod for some pinkies. Started pulling some pinkies in quick succession and pulled one at 30cms but let him go. I had some old squid bait from servo that i have freezed twice before today. Put on a strip and decided to pull up the Yakkas and head home.

In the middle of doing that my strip screams off on a huge run. Pick up the rod and think man this is a big king. Other two kings had basically fought hard vertically in the 25m of water column. This fish was heading east fast. I got a bit worried as he took the rod loaded with 6kg mono and a ten year old baitrunner thats a bit suss.

Started to work the fish when the head shakes kicked in and i thought "what a jewie at 2pm in the middle of the run out tide"

Good long fight that eventually ended with a 81cm very fat jewie. I reckon he went 6kg. I saw a couple of guys weigh in a 5.5kg beach jewie last week and mine was certainly longer and fatter.

Mate for a two hour fish i was stoked. Went over to a mates place and got bloody. Once the fish was sorted we got the wok going and ate stacks of tempura jewie chunks - delicious.

Ive got photos coming but the misses has pinched my camera while i was gorging on fish. Shes gone to the kick boxing gig at Castle Hill tonite with my digital. I will post pics later tonight.

A happy little Zzzzzzzzzenman.

post-2060-1177242455_thumb.jpg

post-2060-1177284923_thumb.jpg

post-2060-1177285305_thumb.jpg

Edited by zenman

Damn it, im yet to get anything out of middle harbour any bigger than about a 60cm flattie.... not that im complaining about flatties but ive certainly never caught a king in there, Not from lack of trying mind you!!! and the big hole has never done me any favours!!!! Looks like i still got a lot to learn!!!! :(

Well done, Zenman

I think I should move back to Sydney ..... fishing has been a bit quiet up here - I blamed the school holidays, but most of the tourists have gone home now!! Hmmmmm

Great pics, too

Cheers

Roberta