Jewie Fishing

riceball

During the last few years, I have spent a lot of nights chasing estuary Jews (landbased). However I have only landed one specimen being far from legal. (he went 34cm). Got a lot of information from other jew fishoes before, some said the turn at the low tide is the most productive time, some said the turn of the high tide. Was wondering which one is correct? Or it’s depending on the actual spot really. If the moon phrase really does matter? I have used all the Baits out there I can get as fresh as possible ( squids, tailors, mullets, etc), still haven’t produced any result. I am really keen to land my first legal estuary jew!! Any help will be appreciated

Louis

:1fishing1:

Hi riceball,

The info you got is correct , i use to chase them on landbased on either side of the tides.

It depends as well on the location.

Have you ever targeted them during the day can be productive, i mainly target them on a overcast day off the rocks & beach had success.

For me the moon didnt matter.Baits have to be very fresh jews can be fussy at times.

Theres a new dvd out at the moment it maybe worth to have alook its called Local Knowledge it has some info about jews .

Hope this helps

cheers

Brett A

Hi riceball,

The info you got is correct , i use to chase them on landbased on either side of the tides.

It depends as well on the location.

Have you ever targeted them during the day can be productive, i mainly target them on a overcast day off the rocks & beach had success.

For me the moon didnt matter.Baits have to be very fresh jews can be fussy at times.

Theres a new dvd out at the moment it maybe worth to have alook its called Local Knowledge it has some info about jews .

Hope this helps

cheers

Brett A

Brett:

Thanks for the help.

I havn't tried fish for them in the day, i mostly fish for them at night or dusk , tried a lot of likely jewie spot in the harbour. I think I will give it a go next time during the day coz I almost fish for them exclusively on a high tide at night. And for some reasons, I always fish the week before or after the full moon. (maybe that’s why I still haven’t got one). I think there is another DVD called the “Jewie secret” I will try to get my hand on one. Will the Jews go off as the water temperature is dropping now?

Cheers

Louis

Hi riceball,

That "jewie secrets dvd" has excellent info it explains alot.

Mate this is the best time of the year to chase them alot schoolies move around & big ones.Alot of rain gets them really fired up as well.

As water temp cools down ,they are still around but i tend to concentrate in the back waters, you do catch them usual spots just have to be patient.

cheers Brett

Riceball

i am in the same boat man i have been trying but havnt had much luck and havnt even caught one yet not even under sized.

mate all i can say is keep trying and i have also heard from some people your best chance to get one is off a beach, but i also know there is a shitload of water and there has to be a shitload of fish in there just to much water between them man just keep trying and to keep you going while you wait for the big ones set up and take a small rod and go for some little fish thats always fun

have a good one and good luck