Port Kembla

aussie big bob

Hi fellow raiders

This is a bit of a late report but its here now

Day starts as usual 3am Campbelltown heading for port Kembla

Arrive at port Kembla approx 4.15am but yet still to get ice, fuel and bait find out there is no bait shop so head down to Windang. Now that all that is taken care off back to ramp at port Kembla arrive 6am.

As time is getting on am in hurry to get all the goodies into the boat so can hit the water, on the water by 6.30 am.

Headed out the break wall and could not believe the milk pond that I was presented with. It was at this point when I could not believe the day was looking so good as I have not seen these conditions for such a long time.

Head straight for NE corner of pig and Sow Island where I was told to go for snapper did about 8 drifts

Off the NE corner for only a few reef fish but they were fish. This took up about 5 hours.

So as not much really good happing I ring (white caps) to see if he had any GPS marks for this area and he gave me the marks for the wave boy. So off to the wave boy as the condition were so good.

Arrive at the wave boy to find nothing on the sounder and the current running like a bull out of a gate

Try a few drifts but for zip, this was properly because the current was running so hard and we could not hold bottom.

Troll back to pig and sow for a few drifts but our luck had run out, the weather had changed and the wind was starting to come up.

Approx 1.30pm and the wind is now really picked so head into toothbrush to try and seek some shelter but this was not to be. So at this point was going to call it a day but the partner was not happy so stopped to do a drift between toothbrush and the entrance to the boat ramp, by this time the wind is now hitting 30 plus (this is by the coast guard radio report)

The drift was so quick that it did not take long to go from the ports entrance to the other end of the beach (not sure of name),

But to our amazement we started to catch some snapper at first there were a few throwbacks but then on the second, third, fourth and fifth drift we started to get keepers.

Not huge but keepers.

By the time we had done the drifts across it was coming onto dark.

So time to head in on the way back we were just about at the entrance when we see shit loads of fish on the sounder and my partner wants to have another drop I explain to her that it is getting dark and we should head in.

But this was not to be so she wanted another drop and said only for five mins but I tried to explain that in this wind the five Min drift would take us 15 mins to get back to the same spot in this wind.

But you guessed it she won. 5 drift 15 back zip

Arrived at ramp approx 6.30pm for a total of 19 fish and 1 cuttle fish, but all in all a good day

Cheers

Bob

P/s and the cuttle fis and shark ( ray ) was yum

her are some more photo's

post-2934-1177498187_thumb.jpg

post-2934-1177498206_thumb.jpg

post-2934-1177498342_thumb.jpg

post-2934-1177498449_thumb.jpg

nice mixed bag of fish you got there, gee those jackets look pretty big.anytime you can return with something for the table is a good day i recon and looks like you done pretty good.pity the wind came up,that first pic looked great out there.as for the :wife: getting you to have another drift, i wish i could get my :wife: out on the water,she doesnt like fishing.. cheers steve.....