Gold Coast Report 25/4/07 ** Anzac Day Smorgasboard **

Heath

Headed out with the idea of loading up on big cowanyoung for winter. We were not disappointed with some big mothers coming on board. Before too long our other rods started to go off, as the mackerel turned up ( Both doggies and spots). While winding my line in, it got slammed and 25mins later after doing two circuits of the boat a 30lb cobia was landed. While fighting the fish we got a hit and landed a nice fat spot. As the morning wore on, we lost a few fish and had plenty of runs. Ended up with 2 Spots, 2 Doggies, 1 Cobia & 1 YFT. My mate Jim came idling up beside us and on queue his bait he was towing got hit and he landed a nice Wahoo.

Best morning out for a while!

post-194-1177535982_thumb.jpg

post-194-1177536150_thumb.jpg

post-194-1177536213_thumb.jpg

post-194-1177536274_thumb.jpg

post-194-1177536315_thumb.jpg

post-194-1177536347_thumb.jpg

Awesome Heath !!!

I was up there a couple of weeks ago and went out on a charter, I would have been happy with one of those fish.

Amazing how you can catch such quality fish within close proximity of the city.

Awesome Heath !!!

I was up there a couple of weeks ago and went out on a charter, I would have been happy with one of those fish.

Amazing how you can catch such quality fish within close proximity of the city.

If you have a look at the pic of the balloon bait getting hit, on the right side you can see a charter boat.

Too often the charters simply hang around the Seaway entrance or just go wide for bottom ooglies, when some of the best fishing is right in close. Rarely do you see the charters hang around in close, obviously this fella had been given the good oil on the fishing over the last week.

Edited by Heath