My Quest For The Treble

Had a morning of Bass fishing planned but the cold water realy shut them down so i decided i might give the treble a go.

Bass, Bream and EP's in one session :1fishing1:

First up Bass. recent rains had dropped the water temp and the bass were realy playing hard to get!! :thumbdown: No luck with any HB i switched in desperation to SP's , namely that SP whore gulp worm.

Dragging it literally though the middle of weedbeds i finally nailed this guy

post-2475-1178056621_thumb.jpg

Not huge but part 1 was complete :biggrin2:

Next i moved to my perch spot hoping they would be at home. These are usually the hardest to locate.

Fishing deep jigging style at the bottom of a 7m ledge, bites are hard to detect but on the third pass my rod buckled and up came this fellow, again on a gulp worm!!

post-2475-1178056638_thumb.jpg

Slightly bigger than the Bass part 2 was completed :thumbup:

Moving to my Bream spot with 2hrs fishing time left surely i could not be denied the treble.

1hr and 45minutes in and all i had to show was 5 decent flatties. I just could not hook a bream :wacko:

Despite using everything in my arsenal both HB and SP there was one SP i had not given a run, that bloody worm, would today be the worms day?. With time running out on my treble quest i rigged up a natural worm reminding myself you are only one good cast away from a bream. Plop the worm landed nicely next to the weed bed and before it had hit the deck the drag was singing :biggrin2:

Surely a Bream i thought and sure enough with 10 minutes left i had the treble :yahoo::yahoo:

post-2475-1178056648_thumb.jpg

Happy Days

Good on you Bream Mad

Now is the time to try going for the treble with the rain congregating all three species reasonably close together

Unusuall to get EPs on worms though Ive never tried it Gulp shrimp and atomic prongs will also take all three species

Edited by The Iceman

Wow! Congrats on the treble. And the worms did it for you too. My favourite SP at the moment as a novice, always get bites!

The TREBLE - I know what to aspire to in the evolutionary scale of a lure fisho ...

Good on you Bream Mad

Now is the time to try going for the treble with the rain congregating all three species reasonably close together

Unusuall to get EPs on worms though Ive never tried it Gulp shrimp and atomic prongs will also take all three species

Your right i usually get eps on BM's but i recon it was just the worms day :biggrin2:

I have used the same deep vertical jigging technique using gulp worms on bream at night down next to jetty pylons. Bloody hell it works !!and you can imagine the fun once you hook a bruiser :thumbup:

BM

• 1 month later...

Well done Bream Mad on the treble, awesome catch, by the way just wanted to say thanks for the invite to the fish river before close of season, it really opened my eyes to some new techniques and new water. all the best troutboy :1fishing1:

Well done Bream Mad on the treble, awesome catch, by the way just wanted to say thanks for the invite to the fish river before close of season, it really opened my eyes to some new techniques and new water. all the best troutboy :1fishing1:

thanks Jamie,

Yeh it was a pleasure to have a fellow fishraider along for the ride. Can't wait to the trout season to open again i am keen to give a few other rivers a go. :thumbup:

Cheers

BM

thanks Jamie,

Yeh it was a pleasure to have a fellow fishraider along for the ride. Can't wait to the trout season to open again i am keen to give a few other rivers a go. :thumbup:

Cheers

BM

Went to TCD on sat morn, man was it cold!

the brother got smashed by a monster but never hooked up (he was using a rapalla rainbow pattern)

I was on the new Gloomis with a brown woolly b which got a few hits and took some slack up but failed to hook up.

that was it for the day, tried LW and LL but this was only a half effort

need the rivers to open earlier

cheers

There are open rivers now, you just have to be prepared to walk and camp!

I would love to know where, I thought all rivers were of limits till Oct long weekend.

I am only new to the trouting world but love it.

Love camping as well.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers