Forster This Morning

sneddo

Been lurking for a while and enjoying the posts on a daily basis. Thought it time I made a post.

Had a quick session before work. Launched the boat just before 6am and hit a favourite rack up the river a bit. Managed 2 @ 28CM's to the fork and 1 @ 26 CM's to the fork. Worked a sure catch popper with upgraded rings and trebles across the top of the trays.

Needed a feed so these ones came home.

Also landed 2 enormous long toms that were having fun amongst the mullet.

post-3647-1178085588_thumb.jpg

Edited by sneddo

Hey Sneddo

:1welcomeani: to Fishraider (from a fellow Forsterite!) Nice fish! I got a stack of surecatch poppers last week for the Entrance Social, but the water was too dirty & then the wind came up too! I was in my Hobie for 7hrs on Friday trying to find fish there! The beach was more productive on this occasion!

If you are into blackies, sign on for the Blackie Social on the first weekend in June! It will ROCK!!

See you on the water (may have seen you already & just not known it!)

Cheers

Roberta

Edited by Roberta

Hey Sneddo

:1welcomeani: to Fishraider (from a fellow Forsterite!) Nice fish! I got a stack of surecatch poppers last week for the Entrance Social, but the water was too dirty & then the wind came up too! I was in my Hobie for 7hrs on Friday trying to find fish there! The beach was more productive on this occasion!

If you are into blackies, sign on for the Blackie Social on the first weekend in June! It will ROCK!!

See you on the water (may have seen you already & just not known it!)

Cheers

Roberta

G'day Roberta,

Will be away working that weekend....Bumma. Saw the usual crowd fishing for Blackies in the cut on my way back to the ramp this morning.

Cheers

Sneddo

nice bream there sneddo what size popper were you using i have been looking at them at the tackle shop lately and am keen to give them a go

cheers mik

G'day Mik,

I use the 50mm poppers. I also upgrade the rings and trebles. The ones they come with are pretty ordinary and wont last.

....Will be away working that weekend....

Hi Sneddo

We'll have to hook up later in May - I am basically tied up from next Tues to the 22nd May!! Did you see if they were getting any blackies?? About 6 weeks back there were heaps on the chew, but very quiet over the last 2-3 weeks. Should start again now. Got some off the rocks last week, but no joy today! It was a very low low - saw a couple tho.

Cheers

Roberta