Recent Catches

Clarkie

Hi guys, first post, so I thought I'd share a couple of recent catches in the Cowen system.

This Taylor was caught in late August. Went 50cm 4lb and was caught near the boatramp at Apple tree. A little Rapala mini fat rap on the bream gear did the damage. Plenty of jumping and thankfully didn't go anywhere near the oyster shells.

This Salmon was caught early Oct, just at the entrance to Smiths creek on an unweighted Pilly tail on the edge of a drop off. 52cm 3 1/2 lb. Took 3 decent dives before I got him on board. Took about 10-15 mins, unfortunately no jumps, but good fun nonetheless.

The last one is a little 30cm bream caught in the same spot as the Taylor on a piece of pilly a few weeks ago.

Cheers, Steve. :D

Welcome Clarkie :1welcomeani:

Mate some great looking fish you got there, well done.

Apple tree bay is an old favo place of mine, went there as a kid and was there not long ago.

Like that walking track that takes you along the river, heap's of good spots to fish from land based. :thumbup:

Thanks for the welcomes fella's. Lost the site for a while, untill I remembered it was moving. :1Lighten:

tyrone07, mate you could be right. I hadn't caught either before, but when I checked my books at the time, it looked like it was a Taylor. The colour in the photo didn't quite come out right. And from memory, it tasted pretty decent compared to the Salmon.

Have since picked up a 38cm Bream at Bobbin Head. I really must get a digi camera.