Stessco Boats

soapie

Hello all,

Currently looking at different options of boats to buy. The Stessco RV 420 Catcher is one to have caught my eye recently, however had not had a ride and had any feedback from Stessco owners on the general pros/cons of these boats. No doubt this won't be the last boat for me to ask an opinion on during my search !!

Feedback anyone ?

Nick :biggrin2:

hi soapie ,i own a stessco hassar 480 plate alloy boat ...have owned a few different boats over the years i find the stessco boat i have is a great boat ,,tuff and strong ,it handles all condishions verry well...when it comes to stessco , i have found them to be hard to deal with...have sent them emails and i dont get any back ,,,there web site is not up todate and there phone number has changed from what the web site says it is ...,,the one thing i did not like was the POSITIVE FLOTATION,,,,,when i pulled up the floor the positive flotation was some offcuts of foam in plasic bags,,,very cheap ...over all the finish of the boat is ok, i think you will be happy with the rv420 looks like a nice boat but then they all look nice when they are new,, ,,pm me if you want to come out for a fish on the stessco .....albert

i got a stessco 420 skipper

i got it cause i like the transom shape, im very happy with my boat

the Stessco RV 420 is just an open tinny! how can you go wrong!

Edited by CaineS

Hi Nick,

Ive got a Catcher on order, should be ready this coming week. Im putting an E-Tec 40 on mine and also got extended wide decks on the gunwalls and chequere plate foredeck ala the RV model. Ill post some pics and a review here later. I went for a ride in one to make my decision and found it fantastic. Good Deep V hull, handled chop with ease and nice and dry. The guy who owns it (the one I tested) says he still hasnt got wet in it other than from rain.

i used to work for a stessco dealer and found albo marine (stessco) really hard to deal with. they wouldnt even respond to their dealers. problems that i came accross were timber floors warping when left in the sun, paint peeling and the boats cracking down the center of the keel causing major water leaks. stessco wasnt very good with their warranty on their boats neither.

• 2 weeks later...

Finaly got it on the water today. An AWESOME boat. Rides so so so much better than a quintrex 4.2 dory I went in last week. It handled about a 1 metre swell and some peaking waves (about to break) very easily. A mate who was on board with me thought it was fantastic.

Id post some pics of my fit out so far but havent yet taken any and there seems to be no interest in the Catcher from this forum, so Ill keep a good thing to myself.

Finaly got it on the water today. An AWESOME boat. Rides so so so much better than a quintrex 4.2 dory I went in last week. It handled about a 1 metre swell and some peaking waves (about to break) very easily. A mate who was on board with me thought it was fantastic.

Id post some pics of my fit out so far but havent yet taken any and there seems to be no interest in the Catcher from this forum, so Ill keep a good thing to myself.

Andy..post 'em up as everyone is interested in what other Raiders have or are doing to their boats. Especially a catcher as not many would have seen them.

I for one would like to see the progress of your modifications.

Cheers,

Pete.