My 1st Legal Fish 55cm Jew

Mrs Stumpy

What a day to go :1fishing1: . Next to no one on the river, the water was as smooth as a baby's bum, the sun was out and I was with my good friend Marg (MGibbo). Within ten minutes we were at Bar Point and our lines were in with left over prawns from the last fish and I was on. Not being the best fisherperson around, I new it was a good size but had no idea what was on. Marg had the net ready and finally she yells "It's a jewie". She swoops it up for me and anyone who was on that river knew a woman had caught a fish. I let out a beauty of a :yahoo: and was jumping for joy as I had finally landed the elusive Jew and it was legal. My first fish to take home and show off to the family.

So from there on in you would think it was going to be a hum dinger of a day. From a female point of view it was. But as a fisher woman it slowed down from there on in. We both wished we had a coldie on board but settled for water, muffins and sandwiches. Between the two of us we landed several other fish, (which MGibbo will have in her report as my memory isn't that good).

After meeting Flightmanager I had his mobile no and left him a message about my Jew. He returned my call to have me yelling "She's on, Margie's on. Hang on a minute I need the net. It a flounder, :ranting2: it got away". At least I was able to say we're even for the squid she let go on me. :074:

My next legal fish was a 30cm bream I was wrapped. The family will be eating fish tonight for dinner and what a memory for our 14th wedding anniversary. Fish caught, gutted and cleaned by JO.

post-4003-1178607507_thumb.jpg

post-4003-1178607524_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mrs Stumpy

Guest mrs_rzep

I just weighed it cleaned, scaled and head removed it weight was 950gram :thumbup:

WAY TO GO JO :thumbup:

It doesn't matter what size Jewies are, they hold the certain magic. Well done. Was beautiful on the water today.

so very very true my first jewie was only 40 cms but it was a blast to catch one i was wrapped congrats jo on thaat wonderful jewfish and that bream is a little ripper too :1prop:

You've done it to me again Jo , I try to sneak off for a quiet fish , and who should ring? " I've just caught a jewy". Thanks so much for sharing that , I was having a very quiet day , and that call just shot holes in it !!

All I can say is Bloody Well Done !! Thats a good way to start your Jewfish account , you can only go up from here !!

And another Bloody Well Done to Mgibbo for taking you out , and NOT losing the catch!! Sorry to hear about the lost Flounder , I will take the blame , as I was talking to your gaffman (girl?) at the time !! :074:

Ross

Oh Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeee !

Whats going on here ??

My Wife catches a measley Jew and everyone wants to kiss her butt!

Who worked all day whilst you fished with Gibbo ?

Who did the lawns and 4 loads of washing whilst you fished with Gibbo ?

Who battled the shopping centre and got grocerys for the family to eat whilst you fished with Gibbo?

Well.......... actually.................... not me( I had a lunch to go to) but,,,,,,,,,,,,, I could very well have !

I'm sure this is setting up a Guy verse Girls fish off, and Mrs Swordie, I'm feeling that you (being an owner of Fishraider and a girl) would be shakin in your boots about now.

And, and, and, (sorry about that, i'm seathing with anger!) When I learn how to catch a jew that size..........

YOUR ASS IS GRASS BABY :ranting2::ranting2::ranting2:

Lots of love sweatheart ,

Your loving husband xxxooo

P.S Flightmanager, you suck up real bad :thumbdown:

I am rubbing my hands with glee here :yahoo:

It is not so long ago that I was one of the two only female members on this forum :biggrin2:

I have tried very hard to get some ladies on this forum and now we have lots and lots of keen and eager females who fish hard and well with outstanding results. These ladies fish happily beside their husbands, partners, brothers, sons and dads.

The pics of members on their wedding day dressed in bridal garb and actually fishing make me smile :biggrin2:

The posts from our many female members in fishing reports are very encouraging. Females are featuring more and more.

There is really no contest here for the race has been won - men and women can enjoy fishing TOGETHER and fishraider proves that :thumbup:

Bring it on raiders!!!

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

(the ONLY FEMALE OWNER OF A FISHING WEBSITE IN AUSTRALIA :thumbup: )

PS How about a ladies comp - I shall bring swordie as my deckie (quick get the net darl.........)

Stumpy all I can say is:

"Turn that frown upside down!"

There is really no contest here for the race has been won - men and women can enjoy fishing TOGETHER and fishraider proves that :thumbup:

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

(the ONLY FEMALE OWNER OF A FISHING WEBSITE IN AUSTRALIA :thumbup: )

YOU GO GIRLFRIEND aka MRS SWORDIE - YOU'RE MY IDOL!

My God,

Marg, for Mothers Day , you get a shovel,

Joanne, you can have a wheelbarrow,

Claudia, you get a bobcat,

Donna...........

post-2682-1178626430_thumb.jpg

Thats my baby, 400litres of fuel a day and pushes more shit than anything I know

By the way, Ross told me to say that ...............hehehehehe

Now, now - you're just jealous because you didn't get to go out today :1fishing1: - I saw that sad face! Am I to use the shovel as a fish bonker???

To answer you first Marg.

Der !- of course i'm jealous :1prop:

To answer your question

No thank you darling :biggrin2:

Great stuff Mrs Stumpy. Your first legal fish & it's a Jew!! :thumbup:

Donna is right. We can all fish together. In true Raider spirit I'm planning to take Roberta fishing in the Brunswick River on Thursday in my tinny. It will be the first time we've met. Should be a fun session with hopefully a few fishy tales to tell.

Cheers,

Grant.

Donna is right. We can all fish together. In true Raider spirit I'm planning to take Roberta fishing in the Brunswick River on Thursday in my tinny. It will be the first time we've met. Should be a fun session with hopefully a few fishy tales to tell.

Cheers,

Grant.

Ouch! that hurt :biggrin2:

Cheers,

Grant.

Roberta is awesome - you're going to have a great time. GOOD LUCK - will be looking out for your post.