Bar Point

MGibbo

Another perfect day on the Hawkesbury. Felt a "little" guilty waving my hubby off to work (actually I was still asleep) and the kids off to school as I headed out to my favourite place in the world - thankfully Mrs Stumpy was eager to join me. With the weather predicted for rain for the rest of the week, what's a fishing fanatic to do .... rearrange work and hit the water - that's what!

About 5 minutes in, I had a heavy hit but struggled with my rod and lost the catch.

Within about 10 minutes Jo reeled in a fantastic schoolie - I'm sure all of Brooklyn, Bar Point and Berowra Waters could have heard her excitement. Now I'm not one to swear but boy I was excited for her. Straight away I knew it was legal and with the way it danced to come to the top, I had a good feeling it was a jewie - what a beautiful fish.

Now I must say "Geez Flightmanager did you have to ring Jo when I was reeling in a good one?" unfortunately due to Jo not being hands free a net wasn't sort quick enough and my large flounder detacted right before my very eyes and stayed on top of the river for what seemed like ages only to slowly sink and live to see another day. Jo ... now we are even RE:squid - Thursday night.

The rest of the day produced:

JO

Jewie 54cm

Bream 30cm

Taylor

Mistery fish - looked like a whiting but with a yellowtail .... maybe a yellowtail approx. 25cm

Catfish

MARG

Flounder (plate size lost at the top)

Flattie 34.5cm

Taylor 29.99cm

Bream

Catfish

What's with the catfish - thought we'd got rid of them. That's 3 now within a week and saw other fishos cutting their lines today. I must say it's nice to see other dedicated fishos out enjoying the weather, although I'm not overly keen on the guys that were dropping their huge net behind their small tinny around Milson Island - is that legal as they traul up and down?

THANKS JO - great day out - shame about the one's we lost that bit the hook off - I hate not knowing what they were.

post-3514-1178617918_thumb.jpg

I got the message via my voice mail , I had to find out what had made Jo so Hyper !!

Ross

No worries Ross - catching a jew is very hyper!

How did you go?

post-3514-1178619353_thumb.jpg

post-3514-1178619458_thumb.jpg

post-3514-1178619498_thumb.jpg

Edited by MGibbo

Hey Marg,

Well done, but some people have to go to work while some people enjoy themselves.

You're going to wear that outboard motor out the way you're going. :074::biggrin2:

Gee I might have to purchase an Etech ... hey Ross!

Guest MRS WATTO

Gee I might have to purchase an Etech ... hey Ross!

Borrow Flightmanagers Etec motor

post-2011-1178621808_thumb.jpg

You guys are legends!!! Well done ladies. I struggle to get the mrs onto the boat let alone take it out herself.

Any pointers?

cheers

b

Murray would tell you to tell her there is a sale on at Bar Point and you can only get there by boat. See if that works. I would say "the only way to get hooked on fishing is to get hooked". Take her to a trout/fish farm where you catch your own. Maybe that will give her the bug. It's better that fighting in the mall for a sale.

post-4003-1178622543_thumb.jpg

Mrs Watto - love the pic!

Bastik - I think it's something you're born with, however, I do love Jo's SALE idea. Maybe take her to Peat's Bite at Bar Point for a special treat @ $110/head (water access only) - that might make her enjoy being on the beautiful Hawkesbury.

Flightmanager - bet you never expected to get so much interest in your Etec.

Mrs Stumpy - you're terrible muriel (what's with that pic) and hey have I every told you how much I love the Hawkesbury?

Wildfish - thanks

P.S. I do feel guilty going out so often but there are worse things I could be into. Life's too short - don't wait for things to happen - just do it! Today I actually washed the boat and backed it all the way up our tricky driveway and unhitched it by the time hubby was home, now all he has to do is pay for the petrol.

Edited by MGibbo

Good report and nice couple of fish you caught there...

In regards to the guy towing the net behind his boat, he may have been a pro fisherman. Did the rego on his boat start with LFB-XXXX? Generally a good way to tell, if not then call fisheries next time you see them and report it!

Cheers

Tony

Thank you for that last post Tony, :biggrin2:

I , actually would have said............

Marg, your a Bad Girl. :mad3:

Leave my poor Wife alone , I just can't have her catching Jewies anymore. :wacko:

If you see how she hooks up prawns, you'd wear pants to bed too !

Edited by stumpy

Good report and nice couple of fish you caught there...

In regards to the guy towing the net behind his boat, he may have been a pro fisherman. Did the rego on his boat start with LFB-XXXX? Generally a good way to tell, if not then call fisheries next time you see them and report it!

Cheers

Tony

Funny you should say that as I was speaking to my hubby on the mobile at the time and he suggested the same, but the guys in the boat had the rego covered with something.

I should have taken a pic as Jo suggested. Thanks for the tip. You regularly see the bigger trauling boats but not a tinny doing it.

Thank you for that last post Tony, :biggrin2:

I , actually would have said............

Marg, your a Bad Girl. :mad3:

Leave my poor Wife alone , I just can't have her catching Jewies anymore. :wacko:

If you see how she hooks up prawns, you'd wear pants to bed too !

Yes she does seem to do it backwards but she is actually catching fish MURRAY!

Cheers "BAD GIRL" MARG

P.S. How was your dinner tonight Stumpy???

Edited by MGibbo

Guest MRS WATTO

Ladies I am on holidays from the 21st may - 25th may.

We should organise a fishing trip.

Just the girls of course

Ladies I am on holidays from the 21st may - 25th may.

We should organise a fishing trip.

Just the girls of course

Hey Mrs Watto you are on - I'll send you a PM - I'll just double check when Mrs Stumpy is free. I have a rule though and that is that you have to put your own bait on!!! I'm sure you are OK with that.

RAIDER'S GIRL POWER!

Cheers Marg

Hey Mrs Watto you are on - I'll send you a PM - I'll just double check when Mrs Stumpy is free. I have a rule though and that is that you have to put your own bait on!!! I'm sure you are OK with that.

RAIDER'S GIRL POWER!

Cheers Marg

Bloody hell I think I might have to ban you girls as you are making me look bad :biggrin2:

You girls are on fire ,well done :yahoo:

Cheers Stewy

Marg , Claudia is a Princess , she doesnt do the bait thing!! :)

As I am happily available that week , I am prepared to endure all the nasty things she says to me, and offer my services as Her Royal Highnesses Personal Bait Putter Onner !! :074::074::074:

Ross

Marg , Claudia is a Princess , she doesnt do the bait thing!! :)

As I am happily available that week , I am prepared to endure all the nasty things she says to me, and offer my services as Her Royal Highnesses Personal Bait Putter Onner !! :074::074::074:

Ross

Ross would you consider wearing a dress?