Mum's Day Weekend

MGibbo

Headed off for a late dusk fish on Saturday at Bar Point with 2 out of 3 kids plus hubby. Past the Stumpies who were heading home only to get a call from Mrs Stumpy advising me to not bother with fishing as no one was catching anything - fisheries were at Parsley Bay recording fisho's catches but there wasn't much to report only from those that went outside - told Jo I'd like to prove them wrong.

Anyways, Jo was right - the fish weren't actually on but we had a ball - enjoyed happy hour at Bar Point then ventured onto the railway bridges. No fish but lots of excitement for my 7 & 11 year olds when the trains went over the bridge with their lights lighting up the tunnel.

It was such a mild starry night on the water

post-3514-1179065740_thumb.jpg

MOTHERS DAY

Did the family thing with the in-laws but took the boat with us. Headed off to Apple Tree Bay around 2ish for my Mother's Day Fish (as that's all I wanted to do with my boys).

Nothing fantastic to report but got lots of little bream and taylor which kept the boys happy.

post-3514-1179066105_thumb.jpg

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY RAIDERS.

post-3514-1179066440_thumb.jpg

post-3514-1179066410_thumb.jpg

post-3514-1179066519_thumb.jpg post-3514-1179066490_thumb.jpg

post-3514-1179066603_thumb.jpg

Edited by mrs rzep

What a great way to spend Mothers Day Marg. :thumbup:

Great pics too. That saturday sunset looks great, I can see why no fish didn't dampen your enthusiasm.

The Hawkesbury really is a beautiful waterway isn't it. I have only been once (Well, two days but same weekend) Day one was land based & day two we hired a tinnie. We didn't have much luck at all but the scenery was fantastic & I know I'll be back there again when the time is right. I will one day own a bigger boat then I can take the whole family & my bro & sis - in-law out & show them what a beautiful place it is. At the moment we would have to do several trips to accomodate everyone on a tour. I just know the Hawkesbury will be number one on the maiden voyage of the newie.

Your boys will have some great memories of Mum & Dad time.

Thanks Boofhead - I don't think I've ever had a bad experience on the river as each time I hit that water it puts a smile on my face and even when the fish aren't on, I'd go back and do it all again the next day.

You know there are lots of holiday rentals on the Hawkesbury with most supplying a tinnie - maybe you could look at doing that with your family one time - just check out the local Hawkesbury real estate. Just a thought.

Happy fishing.

Marg

They look like perfect Jewie conditions... did you try a livey??

Secretly I was hoping for a jew as I took my family to where I've had the most luck, unfortunately, we only had prawns but nothing was biting at all on the Saturday evening. Each jewie that's been caught on board has been via a prawn anyway but I must make the time to use my squid jig and go from there.

Thanks Ceph - you do love your squid don't you.

I'm planning to one day concentrate on the mullet, as there are always huge fish flying around down there. Bread and a float, that's all I need isn't it?

Guest rzep

Sounds like a top day there Marg,

That photo of the sun setting is a pearler.

I need another boat NOW. :074:

Great report there MGibbo.....just love reading and looking at photos like that :thumbup:

The kids love it now but latter they will be able to look back and have such great memories of those times and appreciate it even more.

B.F.

Edited by Blackfish

Secretly I was hoping for a jew as I took my family to where I've had the most luck, unfortunately, we only had prawns but nothing was biting at all on the Saturday evening. Each jewie that's been caught on board has been via a prawn anyway but I must make the time to use my squid jig and go from there.

Thanks Ceph - you do love your squid don't you.

I'm planning to one day concentrate on the mullet, as there are always huge fish flying around down there. Bread and a float, that's all I need isn't it?

Yeah... we used to catch bruiser mullet under the wharves in Brisbane Water (Wagstaff and Hardy's Bay).

The rig was the same as a Blackfish rig but using dough for bait. We used to make the dough out of flour and water and cotton wool. The cotton wool helps it hold on the hook. The bread dough was too hard and the fish would suck on it but not actually bite.

You need heaps of berley to get them biting.

Mullet fishing is great fun.

Cheers

Ceph

PS: Do love my Squid...

Nice report Big M,

I was wondering where you guys were on the water and I had quite a laugh when we passed you with boat in tow when we came in to Berowra Waters Rd.

It was a real weird night with absolutely no natural light whatsoever.I couldn't even see Ross's nice shiny head sittin in his boat 10 metres away!

Last time that happened (the blackout) ,we had the same results with the fish.(None)

The even more spooky thing, was that the two girls carried on a treat most of the night. They were absolutely terrible to each other.If I had my badge and whistle on me , I would have walked them 10 and then red carded both ! Mandatory 6 week suspension, with no case to argue. :mad3:

Pleased you had a good mothers day.

Cheers

Nice report Big M,

I was wondering where you guys were on the water and I had quite a laugh when we passed you with boat in tow when we came in to Berowra Waters Rd.

It was a real weird night with absolutely no natural light whatsoever.I couldn't even see Ross's nice shiny head sittin in his boat 10 metres away!

Last time that happened (the blackout) ,we had the same results with the fish.(None)

The even more spooky thing, was that the two girls carried on a treat most of the night. They were absolutely terrible to each other.If I had my badge and whistle on me , I would have walked them 10 and then red carded both ! Mandatory 6 week suspension, with no case to argue. :mad3:

Pleased you had a good mothers day.

Cheers

Happy Mothers Day to you Stumpy but what's with the BIG M ... a girl could get paranoid! I was actually thinking of you guys as well, longing to be out there Friday night but with early morning soccer and 3 boys playing within 10 minutes of each other in 3 different locations, decided to save the fishing for Saturday/Sunday. Sorry to hear the girls were at each other - if only the fish had been on that would have distracted them. The moon must play a big part in whether they are on or not - a month ago I had the same trouble with regards to no visability and worst of all... no bites/fish.

Last night heading back into Apple Tree Bay it was pitch black ... typically the flood lights down there came on when we were out of the water and preparing the boat to head home.

Good to see you out with the girls though - I know Jess is pretty keen. You'll have to behave yourself now that she is a FR member!

Cheers Marg

P.S. Those FR beanies are really warm.