Fairlight 13th May, 2007

gretsch

Gidday Viewers,

Short report.

Took the :wife: down to to Fairlight for some Fish and Chips for Mother's Day.

Was flicking my pink Yo Zuri around and all of a sudden WHACK and the Stella 1000 screams into action.

Long story short, 60cm Salmon is landed. A first for me.

I didn't have my camera so no pics. The wife can validate the story.

Cheers

Ceph.

Yes to all.. was a pink Yo Zuri squid jig size 2.0. The Salmon really inhaled it... As I lifted him up onto the rock ledge I was casting from, the jig just popped out. Lucky eh...

The jig eating Sambo was returned to mix up his lures for another angler. If they were good to eat, he would have been coming home with me.

Cheers

C.

Yes to all.. was a pink Yo Zuri squid jig size 2.0. The Salmon really inhaled it... As I lifted him up onto the rock ledge I was casting from, the jig just popped out. Lucky eh...

The jig eating Sambo was returned to mix up his lures for another angler. If they were good to eat, he would have been coming home with me.

Cheers

C.

Yeah - pretty funny, eh? I've seen a pic in a fishing mag of a flattie that inhaled a squid jig - I guess there's not much difference between a prey item of a squid and that of a salmon or flattie or other fish! Nice catch! :biggrin2:

Flattieman.

Yeah - pretty funny, eh? I've seen a pic in a fishing mag of a flattie that inhaled a squid jig - I guess there's not much difference between a prey item of a squid and that of a salmon or flattie or other fish! Nice catch! :biggrin2:

Flattieman.

If a kingy an flathead will eat a squid jigg as we have witnessed I see no reason why a sambo wouldnt give a jigg a crack.

Well done anyhow so how ru going to beat it? :074: Maybe a bigger sambo on a squid jigg or perhaps squid on a jigg?

D & G

Edited by Dan and Greg

I must say, I am skilled when it comes to incorporating fishing with the genral family events.. must be in my genes as my Uncle once had a quick flick in a stream on the way to a wedding. He sat through the ceremony knowing he had a 7lb Rainbow Trout in the boot of his car. What a champion. :biggrin2: