Blackfish In The Georges River

Ross Hunter

Some say to me "Why would you want to go fishing when you spend half your life doing it for a living?".This is why. Imagine fishing a backwater in the Georges where the only ripple on the water is a jumping mullet The river is a scene of reflections as I stand on a rock my faithful Staffy beside me waiting for my float to go down...No rocking boats, no customers to satisfy, just me and the dog. Mother nature and my blackfish rod and I love that quallity time. I fished this afternoon on as nice an Autumn day as you will find and caught 11 blackfish, kept four, one of which was a reasonable fish. The rest were just unders but still fun to catch any way. Two friends were there Mark who reads the site I am not sure if he is a raider, never the less a very good blackfisherman and the Georges River Guru Norm Jefferys they did well and were cleaning a great bag when I left.

"That's what I'm talkin' about Mr Swordfish" see you next week when your off night shift We'll go down and dong 'em :1fishing1:

Roscoe

Well done Ross :biggrin2: I see you are getting more practice ,so I will need a head start next time.

Say you dont fish for 3 hours then you can start :074:

We will hit the River real soon mate :thumbup:

Cheers Stewy

Some say to me "Why would you want to go fishing when you spend half your life doing it for a living?".This is why. Imagine fishing a backwater in the Georges where the only ripple on the water is a jumping mullet The river is a scene of reflections as I stand on a rock my faithful Staffy beside me waiting for my float to go down...No rocking boats, no customers to satisfy, just me and the dog. Mother nature and my blackfish rod and I love that quallity time. I fished this afternoon on as nice an Autumn day as you will find and caught 11 blackfish, kept four, one of which was a reasonable fish. The rest were just unders but still fun to catch any way. Two friends were there Mark who reads the site I am not sure if he is a raider, never the less a very good blackfisherman and the Georges River Guru Norm Jefferys they did well and were cleaning a great bag when I left.

"That's what I'm talkin' about Mr Swordfish" see you next week when your off night shift We'll go down and dong 'em :1fishing1:

Roscoe

Your report needs no photos as you paint a picture in our minds with your words - well done

Well done, Ross!

It really is quite addictive, isn't it?? So quiet & peaceful (in comparison to your normal noisy bait fishing outing!) I compare blackie fishing with trout fishing, given the amount of concentration you put into it (and the quietness!)

Cheers

Roberta

Well done, Ross!

It really is quite addictive, isn't it?? So quiet & peaceful (in comparison to your normal noisy bait fishing outing!) I compare blackie fishing with trout fishing, given the amount of concentration you put into it (and the quietness!)

Cheers

Roberta

Roberta,

You are so right I really do find lots of peace and solitude in this style of fishing I have just returned from todays outing and once again had a great afternoon We caught some fine fish, the weather was sensational and I'll be tucking into some great fillets to night. As I said I do not get back from trout fishing until Friday evening and have work on the boats the weekend of the Forster trip. Bugger.

Ross

HI ROSS

Yes i am a RAIDER, but i just dont post much , in fact this is my first on this site , i prefer to read and learn i stay out of trouble that way.

mark

Ah! That's good Mark(nitefr8), :1welcomeani:

For all the Raiders out there this bloke is a "GUN" blackfisherman and we have met whilst wandering around the rocks at our favourite haunts. I do thank you for the fish the other day they were beautiful, especially the 37 cm fish (one of the best I have seen to date from the river) We caught three fish after you left and ended up with a fine bag.Thanks for the report and I will look forward to sharing a rock again soon :1fishing1:

Ross

G'day Raiders, Understand where your coming from ROSS.It is a great feeling to be out fishing in that environment , a bonus if the fish are biting. Pity the rubbish but we must keep getting the message out there." THE DRAIN IS FOR RAIN." CHEERS BART. :1fishing1: