Sydney Harbour 15th May Solo Mission

hook'm

Hit Tunks at 10 am ,launched the boat and headed out to find the kings.

I had 12 frozen squid left over from saturday mornings effort.

Anchored up and was a bit quiet for an hour but my reel started to

tick off finally and i thought it was a bream because of the bites,

i strike and whallop its a king!!After a bit iof a tussle,trying to reach for my net

and it getting hooked up on the seat and still trying to keep pressure on the king i boat it.

post-3896-1179223863_thumb.jpg

ok!! Happy with that,quick picture and back into the drink.....measured 64cm

down goes another bait and same thing bream bites but i strike again and there no bream on the end its another king!I landed this one and he had followers so i unhooked it and left it flapping round and dropped another bait and whack again.........did the same thing again (2 flapping round on the floor and drop third bait and whallop!! Hatrick!!

post-3896-1179223900_thumb.jpg

So anyway this went on until i had boated and released 10 kings,lost 4,one was a thumper i wish id seen it!

The sizes went 64-65-59-60-60-62-66-61-67-59

A 60 cm surgeon caught on an 8 o hook and squid lol

post-3896-1179223997_thumb.jpg

a leather jacket with nice blue fringe around it and a smelly old 40 cm bream.

Dano1 and Tim turned up at about 1:45pm but the kings had moved off so was a bit sad for them

but we had a few beers and watched the sun go down,had a quick squid sesh at the end of the day

and that was that!!

A new record for me to have caught and boated 10 kingfish on my own!!

All fish were released(including bycatch) except one that i gave to a charter guides clients who missed out on taking a king home.

Hey Hook'M

Nice lil session there!!!!

Gawd gotta pity all the poor buggers that have to work in the world :biggrin2: ! Mate its good to see the kingys are still around,,,, thought this cold snap in the air might have put them down for abit, but obviously not.

Love those left over squid, they always seem to work a treat :074: . Why is it you always put your net where you cant get it? :1prop: How many times have I had to tell you to move!!!!! :tease:

Well done mate! Your a champ!!!! After today, Im heading out this weekend :1fishing1:

DAN

D & G

PS Lovely sturgeon!

Edited by Dan and Greg

Guest rzep

Sounds like you had a top session there Hook'm,

Good on ya for offering up a kingy to the guys from the charter :thumbup:

Anchored up and was a bit quiet for an hour but my reel started to

tick off finally and i thought it was a bream because of the bites,

Those are some bream! :1naughty:

Sounds like a top session,

nice work!

Edited by Davy

did the surgeon go hard?

I was gobsmacked when the surgeon appeared because i thought it was a king!!

It fought really hard.I would have liked to hold it up for the photo but theyre a bit nasty at the tail end for one handed operations lol

Nice one hook'm!!!, im itching to have a shot at these guys! , hopefully this weekend i'll get amongst them :biggrin2:

Have heard that the surgeons go hard if not harder than kingys :1yikes:

Must be a pretty rare capture on squid?

Anyways nice session! :thumbup:

Champion effort Hookm....

Did you eat the Surgeon? I heard they are awesome to eat as long as you remove the skin.

What would you guess the big fella you lost would have measured? I lost a big one the other week in MH. There must be a few around.

Cheers

Ceph.

Nice work Jase!! B)

10 kings in a day sesh is a excellent boat record :1yikes: I nearly drove straight past jase yesterday :ninja: i think he was trying to hide from all the charter boats :mad3:

Tim and i headed out to meet up with jase after work but just missed the action, ahh well was great to get out on such a beautiful arvo!! and have a few :beersmile:

will hopefully get out sat for some more action :biggrin2:

Dan.

Must be a pretty rare capture on squid?

Anyways nice session! :thumbup:

post-3412-1179258982_thumb.jpg

Hey Rob got this one in the same location yesterday on squid!!!

loved catching it on my light gear went hard!

Pretty wierd eh!!

Dan.

Edited by Dano1

hey Dano ure fingers are awfully close to those scalpul blades!

Champion effort Hookm....

Did you eat the Surgeon? I heard they are awesome to eat as long as you remove the skin.

What would you guess the big fella you lost would have measured? I lost a big one the other week in MH. There must be a few around.

Cheers

Ceph.

No i didnt eat the surgeon i tossed all the fish back.

I dont know about the bigger king but i had the drag in overstrike(about 12kgs) and it was still taking line and didnt even rise an inch i was at its mercy.

What r u using to get that many Kings to jump into

your boat,I want some. :biggrin2:

Top effort.

penguin

LOL ever since i nearly lost my boat off the trailer at Tunks 2 weeks ago

my luck has changed dramatically!!

Give it a try! :biggrin2:

no seriously i dont know..just using squid i had left over from the weekend

frozen .

hey Dano ure fingers are awfully close to those scalpul blades!

No i didnt eat the surgeon i tossed all the fish back.

I dont know about the bigger king but i had the drag in overstrike(about 12kgs) and it was still taking line and didnt even rise an inch i was at its mercy.

Same as me.. the one I had on pulled a locked up drag and wouldn't rise at all.

I can't believe the Kingy season we have had (and are still having).. I can't remeber a season so good.

Hey Hookem,

You guys are on fire at the moment.

They are great spots you've been fishing lately.

I have been fishing around there for years and we have always done well, although this year has been the year of the kingfish.

We have picked up monster flatties and a few jews in MH over the years.

Seen your boat around so next time i will say G'day.

All the best.

Mike G

Hey mate nice work!!!!

Im getting so itchy to get back out there and raise some kings before you guys catch em all!!! might have to go try catch some squid today to take out next time one of my lucky mates with a boat is going to take me!!!!!! :biggrin2:

Hey Hookem,

You guys are on fire at the moment.

They are great spots you've been fishing lately.

I have been fishing around there for years and we have always done well, although this year has been the year of the kingfish.

We have picked up monster flatties and a few jews in MH over the years.

Seen your boat around so next time i will say G'day.

All the best.

Mike G

Definately say gday Mike we seem to be out alot lately.its addictive.

I havnt caught a jew yet they area completely different story to the kings.

So hard to find.

Hey Jase

I think it might be time to reset your overstrike drag :1fishing1::074: . Bump it up 15kgs minimum in overstrike so when you max it out might pull 18-20kgs!

If you want a fun way to do this gimme a buzz, it involves a mate (Greg), a car, rod/reel, gimble belt, and 100-150MS of driveway :074::hitsfan:

D & G

"If you want a fun way to do this gimme a buzz, it involves a mate (Greg), a car, rod/reel, gimble belt, and 100-150MS of driveway"

would love to watch that d & g :074:

well jason looks like you have those mh kings sussed out.. lots of time on water helps.. wish i could spend half the time you do chasing them hoods.. i'd be resetting that drag to the max and hope to tussle with one of those big brute mini subs that keep stealin 6/0's with squid attatched.. :074: .. top effort on that sturgeon,they go like the clappers dont they.. ive got them luderick fishing sometimes and always great fun on light gear.... .. :thumbup: for helping a fishless fisho take home a feed,even better when they were aboard a charter. .maybe you could start up "hookem" charters at a slab :beersmile: a fisho + fuel... :074: ...

keep up the great reports...... steve