Bulk Pillies

domza

Guest Reely

Windybanks at Mt Colah, trap bait, works out to about $1.70kg, its crappy shite, but buy one pack of normal ones for your bait that you will uise on hooks.

It would always be good to get cheap pillies for the berley bucket. But Netic is probably right when he says that you should use the better quality pilchards for cubing. I prefer the snapfrozen pilchards personally

Guest Big-Banana

Windybanks is the place to go. Cheap as and you buy in bulk you'll get an even better price. I just buy the individually frozen pillies for the bait and the bulk stuff for cubes.

Windybanks is the place to go. Cheap as and you buy in bulk you'll get an even better price. I just buy the individually frozen pillies for the bait and the bulk stuff for cubes.

That's the way to go, use the expensive pillies for the bait and cheapo ones to get the trail going.

IFS

Where abouts is windybanks?

DAN

Dan,

It's on the left hand side of the road when heading north on the old Pacific Highway just down from Macca's at Mt Colah.

Have a chat with Rowan, he's a top bloke and will be able to sort you out for anything you could need.

Cheers

Pitty

My local fishmonger sold me a 15 kg box of snap frozen Human Consumption Grade Pillies for $75.00 after I told him how sick I was of buying blocks of WA pillies that turned to mush as they defrosted. They were brilliant and I need another box. I have also bought squid, garfish, bonito and yakkas fresh from the Newcastle Co-op at reasonable prices. Shop around and ask some questions. Sometimes bait sold as bait is dearer than fresh stuff you can buy for human food and the quality is questionable.

Of course you need a freezer to keep it in

Good idea, Livo! I was going to suggest trying the chandlery that usually sits somewhere very close to the local fishing Co-op! (or it is here in Forster!)

Driving thru Coffs on Wed, I saw pillie blocks advertised for $4/2kg block! You'd have to assume they had been thawed & refrozen, or something else happened to them!

Cheers

Roberta