Wide Of Sydney 17-05-07

Reel Addiction

I fished wide off sydney yesterday with 3 onboard we hit the water at 7.00 and where greeted with the thickest fof i have ever encountered i was unable to see 50 meters infront of me so we slowy made our way across the bay and through the heads all on the GPS. Got out to about 70 meters and waited for the fog to lift.

The conditions where unbelievable, there are more ripples in my bath tub than there where out there.

We cruised out at 30 knots then set a spread of 6 big lures and teaser and began to troll, i had to troll at around 10-11 knots just to get some action out of the lures it was that flat

After a couple of hours we had a strike on the shottie which didnt hook up so we continued wide and came across a great temp break that was full of life with birds, dolphins and crystal clear water, we trolled across a 0.5 degree break and then a marlin came up on the teaser then switched to the short corner swipped and missed the lure, it then came at the same lure again like a bullet and smashed it, i had 5 x 24 outfits and 1x15kg outfit and that was lure it took. Always the way

After some awsome ariel jumping a great fight and some good angleing a 90-110kg striped Marlin was landed on 15KG and tagged, after a couple of snaps he was released and swam away.

Great conditions and great fishing.

Cheers

Iain

post-954-1179478138_thumb.jpg

Edited by Reel Addiction

Great work Iain excelant pic, how good is that on 15kg, this one didnt scratch up ya boat did it, ive been trying hard last few weeks as u know and this report just makes me want to keep trying for beakie out of Sydney. Cheers Dave

Edited by offtap1

Nice one mate!!!!

Still haven't seen a beakie this summer damn it!!! Haven't put in to many hours mind you and the stripies have come to play so at least we've had some action!!!! Just curious did you get your tags from fisheries??? Do you have to log all the details with them???

Nice one mate!!!!

Still haven't seen a beakie this summer damn it!!! Haven't put in to many hours mind you and the stripies have come to play so at least we've had some action!!!! Just curious did you get your tags from fisheries??? Do you have to log all the details with them???

I got them through my game club and you just fill in all the information and then put it the mail or give it to your game club for points

Iain what a top photo of the Marlin and a great capture on 15kg. Congrats you put a lot of hard work in for that fish, It is murphys law if troll anything less than 24kg thats what they take over the shelf. The temperature break sounds awesome .5 degrees :1yikes: I bet that first run was a long. :1happybday:

Well done Iain,

That's one hell of a nice beak!! Jaybee and I flung some lures out last Friday for about 20k's straight out of Broken Bay in some loose conditions for a big fat ZIP. Man that water looks fantastic and that photo just wants me to get my ass out there again and give it another shot. Have to get into Jaybee's ear me thinks.

Well done again,

Jed.

WELL DONE ON YOUR NICE MARLIN. HOPE TO GET ONE ON SUNDAY.

WITH THE TAGS YOU CAN GET THEM FROM FISHERIES AT CRONULLA, YOU HAVE TO RING FIRST.

CONTACT IS KAREN WOODRICK ON 9527 8435

THE TAGS COME WITH A REPORT FORM ON EVERY ONE YOU FILL IT OUT AND SEND IT IN.

REGARDS WINCH

what a great report and catch, the picture was well taken and worth enlarging.

Mind you , having a close look at that picture, are you sure your not in the bathtub?

Not a ripple to be seen !