What To Buy?

humesy

Howdy,

I have about 10-12K burning a hole in my pocket and it is time to spoil myself.

Here is the criteria:

* 4.2m in length with a deep V to get outside on a flat day. Mainly for harbour fishing though.

* Mrs wants a comfy seat and shelter.

* Using the boat for chasing jews and kings and would like to install live bait tank.

Have looked at so far the Brooker Runabout 410 and considering both the Stacer Nomad 429 and the Quintrex 420 estuary explorer.

Any thoughts? Would probably prefer to have a cabin but the cheaper cost of the Nomad would allow for the nav lights and live bait tanks. The quinny would have to be second hand to go within my budget.

Cheers

PS I used to be indecisive but now I am not so sure.

We have the Polycraft in the 4.1 side console and it is a great boat for inshore waters and its as stable as a rock :biggrin2:

post-256-1179583280_thumb.jpg

Cheers Stewy

• 2 weeks later...

In the $10 to $12k market approx 3 to 4m boat, say 3 years old, there is little diff in price from old to new.

So buy a new one, look at stacer dealer around Granville in NSW.

If you looking at a older boat (3- 4yrs plus) then second hand is the way to go, you should be able to get a good deal for that money.

Mate just to throw a spanner in the works, i bought my boat a 2 years ago....then it was a 3 year old Stessco Hussar 475 with a 70 Yammi, Oil Injected....came with Massive ice box, Sounder, Stainless Steel rocket launchers all the gear...and it only cost me $12k......

Another mate just bought a Stacer 475 2003 model with mod pod, Bimni, Sounder for $13,200....

Both boats have been 20kms out and both boats have a beam of over 2.20m which is a biog advantage over the smaller boats 4.5m or less.....

Mate look and you will fnd a good bargain this time of year, dont be afraid to negotiate

This is the end result.

A mighty handsome boat for $9900.

enough left over for a couple of rod holders and live bait tank.

And if the mrs isn't happy with that, welllll....

post-1006-1180593012_thumb.jpg

Edited by humesy

This is the end result.

A mighty handsome boat for $9900.

enough left over for a couple of rod holders and live bait tank.

And if the mrs isn't happy with that, welllll....

Great looking setup, did it come from Wollongong?

jim